Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Done!

 The house painters were back yesterday to work on the trim, and finished up today. The painting is done!

It's the same color as it was before, so if you didn't know you couldn't tell from a distance, but it sure looks better up close.
Tom is in a hurry to get everything back where it belongs. The plants are all back on the front porch and entry steps. 
The painters carefully tilted the tomato trellis out from the wall to paint. They survived. 
The potting bench is out of the shed and back in place. I suspect if I go check I'll find that he has already put a lot of stuff back that was hanging on the wall. 
Patio furniture is back in place. We have some cleaning up to do.

We are very satisfied with the painting job and will give recommendations. And we are very glad that it's DONE!

While Tom was moving stuff, I spent some time edging the lawn and crawling along to clean the edges up. Today is the one year anniversary of my second spinal fusion surgery. That surgery fixed the nerve pain and nerve compression, but with two fusions, my back will never be the same. I am resigning myself to much less mobility. I will always walk a little bent over now, I think.  But I can still crawl around in the garden.

We have some guests coming several days next week, so it's time to get everything all spiffy. I can't fix the scorched lawn, but everything else will get the once over.

The weather has been and continues to be wonderful! Happy summer!

11 comments:

  1. I’m glad you can crawl around to do yard work. That’s quite a win! Your house looks great. It sure is a job to keep up with it all, but you two are more than up for the task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When one has led a very active life it's difficult to slow down. However, I know you'll stay in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it is done and looks great with minimal damage to plants too! Cross it off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything always looks better with a fresh coat of paint. Your home looks totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you are ambitious, crawling around to do your trimming-don't think I could get back up. Looks beautiful. We need to get our place painted but it won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The house looks great, the painters did a nice job. My mom passed away in 2008 from cancer and I recall she did most of her gardening in that last summer crawling around the garden. She enjoyed it so much and there was so little else at that time that gave her joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house and the areas around it look great. Tom, on the other hand, looks somewhat exhausted. No doubt because he wanted everything back where it belonged before the great upheaval.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray! Always great to have a freshly painted house! John Grisham wrote a book "A Painted House" about an unpainted house - for he grew up poor and paint was a luxury. I can't imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful! I got my house painted last summer and it looks great--so fresh. Your lawn looks much better than mine, which is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you. So there was enough paint to finish the job. Great! Glad that the spinal surgery was a success though you have less mobility.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great, to my eyes, and I know what you mean about having to become resigned to less mobility. I think I might have done quite a few of my favorite hikes in the High Country for the last time. Still rehabbing my sprained ankle.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.