Thursday, October 13, 2022

Island Wanderings

 We had a good three days on Whidbey Island. We did a little exploring, Tom did a little work, and we did a lot of resting. 

Now that we don't usually have kids or grandkids with us, we like to explore the island.  We usually manage to find something new. This time it was Price Sculpture Forest, east of historic Coupeville, where a half mile trail through natural forest leads you past realistic and abstract pieces of art.



Nature is an artist too. 





That one below. Yeah, I didn't really get it either. 
Lead on.



That one up there. Kinda' cool. ^
Nature made. 



Look out! T-rex lurking. 
It "barks". :-)

We enjoyed the walk in the woods too.
Gorilla in the midst. 



Cubism?




OK, I will.














See all the scattered feathers? Crash landing.

We enjoyed this art walk on the wild side very much, but the part that was up and down hill and bumpy was taxing for me and we were hungry for a little something. We finally found a coffee shop in Coupeville that looked like it had what we needed. Tom had quiche and I had carrot cake. 

Hey, it had nutrients: carrots, coconut, nuts, raisins, cream cheese, and there was milk in my latte. Great lunch!

11 comments:

  1. Funky art in the middle of the forest! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sculpture garden was a wonderful find! I love those experiences of finding something new and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like the bird sculptures but in my mind, Mother Nature has them all beat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that!!! A walk through nature's beauty and a chance to enjoy man's art. A real find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent find! I especially loved the bird sculptures. Thanks for taking me along with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great showcase for artists that do big! My favorite was the most traditional one with the metal tree trunk that was connected to the metal panel painted with a tree top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to go to Coupeville every year and never knew that Sculpture Forest was nearby. Looks like a very interesting place to wander.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that sculpture trail! Some really neat sculptures, especially the one in blue jeans and a green vest! There's an interesting sculpture trail in Haliburton, here in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting walk! I always enjoy sculptures...well most of them! The bark alligator is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome day, Linda! Poor Icarus went too close to the sun. This is the most amazing sculpture park (or forest). You do find the most interesting places to visit. Oh gosh! That carrot cake looks scrumptious! That's Art's FAVORITE cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice place to walk and visit. I would love to eat your cake 🍰

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.