Wednesday, October 5, 2022

What Did We Do?

I sat down at the computer to post a blog and I couldn't remember what we did in the last five days since I last posted. All I knew was that it felt too busy and we got tired.

I consulted my calendar. 

We attended two high school soccer matches. Irene's team lost one and won one. 

Saturday morning we worked outside edging and cleaning out beds. We got too tired. I spent Saturday afternoon watching college football and reading and blogging.

Sunday the Seahawks played football in the morning, and won. The Sounders played soccer in the afternoon, and lost. For the first time in their 13 year history they will not be going to the play offs. I'll switch to watching the Seattle women's soccer team instead. The OL Reign will be going to the playoffs. 

Monday it was more than enough to do some PT, my half hour on the bike, do all the laundry, and help Tom with the housework. I got the kitchen floor mopped. Then I was tired.

Tuesday was Tom's 81st birthday. He attended his Zoom meeting with friends while I went to the clinic for an in person PT session. I got some new exercises. It was hard and I got discouraged. I also got my flu shot. I stopped at Safeway on the way home and the pumpkins helped to cheer my up.



I bought a funny card for Tom, and since he had eaten up all of his Drumstick ice cream treats, I bought him two more boxes, plus a couple of yummy chocolate desserts for later in the evening. 

Then I spent the rest of the morning redoing my PT charts and practicing my new routines. Then I was discouraged and tired again. In the afternoon I worked outside for an hour to cheer myself up. Gardening can do that for me, even though it makes me sore and tired. 

That evening we gathered at a Chinese restaurant for a birthday celebration for Tom and his twin Jan. Jill, Irene, and Isaac were there. It was good to see Isaac. From dinner we all went to the high school stadium to watch Irene's team play and get in a little more visiting. That chocolate dessert was perfect when Tom and I got home and settled in to watch a little TV. 

Now it's late Wednesday afternoon. After PT and 6 miles on the stationary bike, Tom and I worked outside collecting and washing the glass flowers. I did the washing. Tom did the collecting. I had the easy job.


Waiting to be washed. 
Washed and rinsed.
Draining/drying. No sun today, :-(

Charlie/Mewdini came by and tongue dried the bird bath we collected and washed. 
The glass flowers are drying on the work bench in the garage. We'll get them stored in the attic tomorrow.


Tomorrow I have a radiology appointment downtown at noon. I'll get my PT routine and bike done before I go. There's another HS soccer match in the evening.

And that's what we've been doing. 

13 comments:

  1. You have been very, very busy. However because you're busy you have a happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been amazingly busy. Sitting all together, that seems like a lot more glass flowers than when they hang out in your garden. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you have been busy. All those times I admired your glass flowers, it never dawned on me they needed washed. Think I'll just admire other peoples:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear you are trying to keep your spirits up, and getting plenty of exercise as well. It's so discouraging when our bodies don't do what they are supposed to! Yay for the Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just leave most of my glass flowers outside all year. I did take the wheelbarrow around with a bucket of soapy water and cleaned them all up one day...I suppose they could use it again:) Probably not happening since we have cold weather now! Yours are beautiful...that is lots of work no wonder you are tired! Happy Birthday to Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you and Tom have been very busy! Happy belated birthday to Tom.
    Your glass flower collection is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure have a lot of those pretty glass flowers! It's a good thing we make notes about what we do/did because after a short while it's forgotten. A belated birthday wish for Tom. He's a lucky man to have those yummy drumsticks and more treats to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I get tired just thinking about how much you do. You do, get recharged, and do again. Very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do sound busy! No wonder you're so tired. That's a lot of beautiful glass in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many glass items to clean and store! They are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a job, washing all those glass pieces. You take such good of things, it's no wonder everything is so pretty at your place. Glad Tom had a good birthday, and Isaac could be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Tom! He may have added another year, but he does enough gardening for a guy half his age. Your glass flowers are absolutely gorgeous! You guys are super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the sculpture in the sixth frame. It's just plane beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.