Saturday, October 8, 2022

Sports and More

 Life around here continues to be full.

Thursday morning I got all of my required exercise done in time for us to get to my 1:00 appointment in the city. This time it was a CT scan. I was on the table ready to go under the scanner when the technicians realized they were planning to scan my left knee and I was talking about my left hip. Ooops.

I was relieved of my painful position trying to keep my leg flat and waited in a chair while that got sorted out. It took about a half hour but they finally got ahold of the Ortho surgeon to confirm that, yes, it was my hip.  Then the scan was quickly completed. I got the results on my phone before we even got home. Yep, the hip is bad, the fixed hip looks fixed, the right knee is bad and the left knee is developing issues. Arthritis is relentless.

In the afternoon I picked new flowers




Thursday evening  we went to another of Irene's high school soccer matches. It was a beautiful evening, with a harvest moon, airplanes taking off from the airport, and the girls playing under Thursday night lights. The Lady Rams won.




Friday morning we were at breakfast as usual. Then Tom got his flu shot at the KP clinic. My arm has settled down now after getting mine earlier. We made a quick trip to Costco. 

At 1:00 I was ready for lunch, reading the paper, and watching the Mariners in their first game of the MLB wild card. Now I am not a die hard baseball fan. It's too slow for me, but in a playoff every pitch counts and that adds more interest. And I can multitask while it's on. 

The Mariners won! They are playing in Toronto, and now as I type, they are behind but threatening in the second game. Go Mariners!

I'm also checking in on college football. The U of W Huskies are playing in Arizona and it looks like they are in trouble. Ranked 21 nationally, this is not expected. :-(

Tomorrow I will be multi tasking again as I do some laundry and pack to get ready to go to Whidbey for a little non-working vacation. The Seahawks will be on TV at 10:00 and we will be going to the stadium for the final game of the Sounders season, which starts at 2:00. Back home we'll finish packing up and take off for an evening arrival at the cabin. We are looking forward to being lazy. 

Of course I'll still have to do my PT. 

11 comments:

  1. Sorry, but I'm saying 'Go Blue Jays'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time relaxing at your cabin. As long as a person is around home there always is yet another thing that needs doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through, Linda. However, I'm always so amazed at all you get done even with those difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your relaxing time at the cabin. Yes, arthritis can be relentless, that is good you corrected the doctors on which area to scan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder if they would have charged you if they scanned the wrong body part? Hope not and glad you got them straightened out. Wish the results were better.
    This is a busy sports season--pro and Irene. Good luck to all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you caught that mishap in time. I am sorry to hear about all the arthritic changes, but I know you will prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, one has to wonder how that MRI order was set up. Glad it was resolved.
    Yes, your Mariners beat our Jays yesterday. To be honest, I fully expected they would but I was hoping for a win yesterday for the Jays to extend the series to the full 3 games.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am getting some arthritis in my left leg. Hoping it is just some temporary pull of a muscle. I admire your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeez Louis, this arthritis stuff is SO annoying! Now that the weather is getting more fall-like, we're counting the days until we leave for Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a good few days away! Glad they figured the scan out...the wheels of medicine move slowly sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, how dumb of those people. I have heard of cases where a surgeon removed the wrong kidney. Time for a malpractice lawsuit in that case.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.