Sunday, October 23, 2022

It's Very October Now

Will this be my last garden bouquet? I picked it at the end of this week when it was still warm and dry. Then it was suddenly cold and wet. Flowers don't like that.

It feels like real October now. We are having a break from the rain on this Sunday, so Tom and I went to the pumpkin patch this morning. It sounded like a fun thing to do, and I need fun.

Not a commonly seen sign,

but these are not common pumpkins!
Kind of pricy, but I like the inclusive, non-discrimination aspect. 
I think this will be my new header. 
Lots more here besides pumpkins. 




Giant cabbage and cauliflower. 





Very fat carrots.

Our wheelbarrow full of goodies. Yes, I did buy a pumpkin. It has been a while since I carved a Jack-o-lantern. Who says you have to be a kid to have Halloween fun. 

My produce is now stored, my mini-pumpkins are decorating, and my carving pumpkin awaits on the front porch, with ghostly friends. 
Embrace October. It's almost gone!
 


 

12 comments:

  1. I hope that isn't your last bouquet. You make the prettiest arrangements. My what huge pumpkins. A friend's brother use to grow the huge ones. You got lots of good eating. I've never seen brussel sprouts on the stalk before. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you doing something fun on this day which may be the last day before a week of rain. We mostly stayed in. DH wasn't feeling all that well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall bouquet is absolutely stunning, Linda. Wow! That farmers market is totally amazing too. I had to show Art the watermelon. He could hardly believe it. He does LOVE watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it's October and it's almost gone. We are getting our first killing frost tonight which is very late for this area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The market has some of the best produce I've seen in years! Beautiful crops; nice collection in the wheelbarrow. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would rather see the kale photo as your header but then I'm not a pumpkin person. To each her own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really beautiful there. Thanks for the great pictures. We are in the middle of the coming rainstorms. It's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible market! I have never seen Brussel sprouts in that form.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such bounty! I can't believe how we are close to ending another year. It sure sped by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new header. The pumpkin field is beautiful ! It is hard here to find this kind of pumpkin to make a lantern, but in the past I did some pumpkin carving with my children when I found one. My daughter stayed in Canada to study and she still carve one each year for Halloween 🎃.
    ( your doll house must be beautiful ! You should show us one day maybe)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can still get fresh sweet corn!!! Have fun carving your pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.