Saturday, October 15, 2022

More Whidbey Wanderings

 The south end of the island has several good nurseries that we like to visit. 

Venture Out Nursery looked to be sold out of most of their stock, which is good for them. That means they had a good gardening season. There were still some fun places to explore. They are a fairly new nursery, having refurbished an older nursery that had gone out of business. 








Bayview Garden is very near our cabin and we go there often. It was looking very autumnal. 





This nursery has wonderful displays outside spring, summer, and fall. They were working on setting up their Christmas displays in the greenhouse. I complimented a man who was working in the yard and he told me he is the one that does them. Good. People need praise. 








About the only color we are getting here is in the ornamental trees and shrubs. The natives are mostly just going brown. We bought a few plants to put in the cabin garden, which is looking very dead, but we brought them home for now. We can't plant anything until the rains come. It is so very dry here that it's getting scary. And the forest fire smoke still taints the air. 

We were so happy to have clear air and blue sky while we were on Whidbey.




12 comments:

  1. Nurseries tend to come and go around here. It always makes me sad. I get used to a place and the next season it's gone. There is always Garneder's Supply though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will be so happy when we get a real rainstorm. I didn't think I would miss it as much as I do. Our air here this afternoon is better than it was this morning, as it headed into the unhealthy range. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first nursery must look fantastic in the fall. It has a very Japanese feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to see and enjoy!! Those nurseries put on a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess if you can't sell your pumpkins make use of them for decorative displays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that shot of the tree reflection in the water feature. Sure hope you get your rains. We are promised some today and hope it will ease the burn bans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too, loved the photo of the tree reflection in the water. So pretty!
    All that colour is so nice to see. We've had high winds and cool weather, so the trees are mostly bare here. It's looking pretty drab outside these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly live in botanical heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such nice autumn displays! Sure hope you get rain soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I cannot even imagine visiting such beautiful nurseries. We have none around here. Lowes garden department is about it, well as far as I know anyway. The blue and pine skies in your header is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am longing to go out to some nurseries, but I am not well enough for the moment

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You all have the most beautiful garden nursery displays. I haven't seen anything like it here in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.