Monday, December 12, 2022

I Think I Might Need More Elves

 


The Elves came to dance on the kitchen table.

I have been keeping my Chief Elf, Tom, busy helping me bake cookies. The last batch is cooling on the kitchen counter. 


If I can remember correctly, there were six batches.





The Hazelnut Crescents jumped into the freezer before I got their picture taken.

Of course there will be more. Jill and the kids come on Saturday to make gingerbread and sugar cookies. Then the following week Isaac and Irene come back to make Fattigmann and Lefse.  

Then it will be time to start Christmas Eve dinner preparations. 

I think I might need more elves. 

But tomorrow we'll take the day off to do a little shopping and meet my sister Laurie in Olympia for lunch. On Wednesday we'll host two friends for a Christmas Coffee/Tea in the afternoon, and start eating those cookies. On Friday we'll go to breakfast and start giving away tins of cookies. 

We always have cookies left well into the new year, but we'll find folks to eat them. All the elves like cookies. 

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful production of cookies! If I was one of your elves, there'd be far fewer cookies! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that that many cookies is a lot of work. You must work like many elves put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look wonderful!! And you sound busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are amazingly good looking cookies! I would have difficulty keeping myself in check, with all those goodies around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What yummy gifts you baked. Those who get your tins are so lucky. Good thing your elves work for cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look so delicious - I've no doubt you have no difficulty finding elves to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies look delicious. Love your holiday plans. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lot of beautiful cookies! I I will make a few to go to my daughter’s home for Xmas, but this year no time to bake a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH! They all look awesome! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.