Monday, December 5, 2022

The Decorating is Done, Mostly

 I haven't been able to get out and gather greens for my indoor arrangements yet, as it is still sloppy wet and snowy. Tom did get out to start putting up outdoor decorations. Now he is still trying to get warm, I think. I heard something about a nap now that we are through with dinner. 

Indoors everything else is in place, much in the same place as years before. 

The dining room, with its Scandinavian theme.


Vintage ornaments on the garland. 
One of Tom's cone wreaths in the entry. 

The ginger bread garlands are up again in the kitchen. 



Now that the decorating is mostly done, it's time to start on the baking.
 
I got the Cranberry Swirls made and put into the freezer to harden. They will be sliced and baked perhaps tomorrow, maybe the next day. 

Tomorrow we are going on a somewhat abbreviated Christmas field trip with one of our breakfast friends. A few of us are still able to get around a little. Ballard is our destination, with visits to the Scandinavian Specialties Shop, Larsen's Bakery, and Swanson's Nursery. Ya, Ballard is our Nordic community. 

14 comments:

  1. Everything looks so festive and lovely. Enjoy your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful decorations! I look forward to them every year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your decorations are splendid. Just perfect. You did make me look up God Jul though. God Jul to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chiming clock reminds me of one we had at home. When I lived at home the chiming all night didn't bother me. when I was away and came home I heard it chime every hour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks beautiful! You should charge admission for a tour! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your decorations look lovely. Who cares if we put the same things out in much the same places every year. It's been 10 months or more since we last saw them and we enjoy them all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room is stunning! My daughter lives near Ballard. I look forward to her coming back to Hawaii during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some very nice decorations! And a lot more than we do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it all looks great! I really enjoy seeing your Vintage ornaments!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Christmas decor. You definitely have the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, I have done nothing. I am so behind and hubby's projects are taking more and more of my time because they involve phones and computers, etc. Oh well, I will just enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always so impressed with how absolutely gorgeous your Christmas decorations are. I can see why your family loves to celebrate holidays at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Christmas decorations are amazing! Everything looks so beautiful. I don't know how you and Tom do it evey year. I especially love the gingerbread garland in the kitchen. That is just so extra special. Oh, and your Christmas trees (last post) are beautiful! I also love your header picture...it looks so cold and like Christmas and the light on in the garage gives it a touch of warmth.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.