Sunday, September 10, 2023

September Changes

 With a little bit if rain and cooler temperatures, things are greening up here.

Tom has to mow the lawn more often now,

There are still flowers to pick.






There are a couple of fun things in the garden, another Brugmansia bell, and finally a bloom on the LifeSaver plant. 




I have been trying to stay active, alternating walking and working out on my stationary bike. I have been able to maintain walking a mile and am up to 6 miles on the bike. It's a struggle, but I persist.

After our last outing with our garden club, a few of us oldtimers realized our group had gotten way too big. We emailed and Zoom met and I drafted a letter to the members, and then we realized that we sounded very unfriendly, settled down, emailed each other some more,  and then I drafted another, much friendlier letter, which has now been approved. I just finished updating my group email list and will send it off soon. All of this has kept me busy too. 

On Saturday we attended a 90th birthday and garden dedication celebration. An old friend of ours is a rhododendron collector, and knowing that his years are numbered now, found a home for his beloved mostly dwarf rhodies in a local botanical garden that we visit often. 

And now I think I am caught up on blogs and business, my walk is done and my morning round of PT,  and it's time to have lunch and get ready to watch football. It's the season and home opener for the Seahawks.  September is well under way. 

10 comments:

  1. If your group has become too big will you split into 2 different groups?
    That Lifesaver bloom is so cute ( even though I suspect it doesn't smell cute at all).
    Happy Football season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe flowers are all so beautiful. I don't remember ever seeing a lifesver flower in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the livesave bloom is so very interesting. Your gardens are still looking so lovely, while we're dying back quickly here. Not only has it been dry, it's cooling down significantly at night. Just 5C (41F) last night.
    Good luck with the gardening group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely coming along with your ability to get exercise. And yes, you are persistent, which helps. Love your pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son-in-law is a Seahawk fan. He was glued to the television yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your september is as lovely as your spring and more lovely than any of our seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool Lifesaver bloom, all your flowers are so pretty! Keep on walking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yard is still so pretty. I would enjoy mowing the green paths through the gardens. So glad to see the reunion in your last post. Gosh, don't the children grow up fast! I've always enjoyed seeing your family, so much. What a nice family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bouquets are so colourful! I also try to walk more we have done 26 km already, but today after our morning walk I am tired.
    I have never seen such a strange flower! Does it smell nice?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you're having the instability and balance issues, Linda. I am starting to feel like more things are becoming difficult for me as I get older. I know it's expected... sort of... I wish I had more of my mom's genes.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.