Saturday, September 23, 2023

The Sky Is Falling


 Fall has arrived. It's not raining yet, but it will be. The sky is gray and it took much longer for it to get light this morning. 

We'll be comin' round the mountain today for a wedding in Packwood, at the newly crafted lodge of my sister Laurie's family, where nephew Andy and his bride Coral will tie the knot on the banks of the Cowlitz River in the lee of Mt Rainier. 

I don't know if we will see much of the mountain. I just hope the rain holds off long enough to not spoil the long planned celebration. 

All summer long we pray for rain, and then we make plans for outside events and it rains. Bummer. It's happening to us too this coming week, as we prepare to finally get away to our family cabin on the Oregon Coast. I finally had a week with no medical appointments. 

Rain is good for the dwindling water supply and the threat of wild fires. It's going to rain on our parade. 

We have umbrellas. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went for a nice walk in town, and then on the way back, the rain started! Yay for us, and I do hope you get some time without rain while you're at the cabin. The rain is welcome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope the rain doesn't dampen the festivities. I'm certain being with family will be wonderful, despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad the rain didn't hold off a little longer. We got a good amount here and wind with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather gods are not very cooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! A Wedding! It must have been so much fun. Sadly, I've only had funerals to attend lately. A wedding would have been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While we all eagerly anticipate rain after months of dry, it does seem to surprise us in September. I've been trying to winterize everything in anticipation of frost so I don't end up scurrying around trying to deal with it the day it comes. I like seasons, and seasons we do have around here!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.