Saturday, September 16, 2023

What A Beautiful Saturday!

I think this is about the most perfect weather  we could have.  It's 78 degrees at 4:00 under a clear blue sky. It's a day to just enjoy.


After a leisurely start and PT done this Saturday morning we were off to the farmers market at the Des Moines Marina. There were flowers and food and crafts and people to exchange friendly comments with. I noticed I mostly just took photos of flowers - of course. 





We resisted the luscious baked goods, but did by some beets, corn on the cab,  and small cucumbers. 




Then we sat and had coffee and a treat and just enjoyed the beauty of the day and the setting.

I called Irene to see if she could join us for a bit of a walk on the pier. They just live up the hill from the marina. 
She came. She didn't seem all the thrilled, but we need time with her while we can. She leaves on Thursday for Western Washington University and she said she has been packing, and unpacking, and repacking, trying to decide what to take. She said she doesn't plan to come home until Thanksgiving. She is obviously ready to move on with her life. Good for her. 



We came home to have lunch on the patio on a perfect afternoon. Now my PT is done, I've wrapped a little gift I bought for Irene - yes, she'll have to endure us once more before Thursday - and I still have a little more time to sit on the patio and read before our 5:30 Sounders match coming to us from Dallas. Tom has gone to fetch the take-and-bake pizza, our common dinner time soccer match meal.

There is college football on the TV as I type. Both of our state universities are blowing away their opponents. 

Did I mention it's a wonderful day?



10 comments:

  1. Good that you got out and enjoyed a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The weather today was absolutely perfect. I like all the flower pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a beautiful market, so many colourful flowers and fruits !
    Irene is already going for her new student life.
    The weather here is cool but rainy since we have finished our holidays!
    But we also enjoyed the sun and blue sky in Brittany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day! I have not been to a pop-up farmer's market all summer -- just too crowded. I do go to a local farm for fresh produce since I have no luck growing my own. Although the rabbits and woodchucks and deer have enjoyed my attempts over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely had incredible weather, and a great day with the market and time with Irene. Good luck to her as she heads off to start her university studies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day. Best wishes to Irene. Hard to believe she is going to college, now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of times to Irene as she begins her adventure! Oh those first Dahlias are stunning! Fun to see all the produce and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder how Jill is feeling. They are so close. Your whole family is so close - it is wonderful. It reminds of the end of the "My Greek Wedding 2" that I just watched for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really do have the most beautiful flowers in Seattle. I imagine Jill is stressed and nervous about moving into this new chapter of her life. She is really lucky to have such supportive grandparents as the both of you have been her whole life.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.