Thursday, January 4, 2024

All Done

 From Thanksgiving to New Years, the shelves were full of Santas. In fact, there were holiday decorations everywhere. 

The tree came down first. 


Then it was time to put the Santa collection and everything else away and move on into the new year. 

The shelves were all cleared off and the Santa collection was packed up in tubs which will go back into the attic. I've spent the last three days taking down Christmas all over the house. Jake came over to help stuff it all back into the attic and help take down some the higher lights. Tom took the rest of the outside lights down, when there was a break in the rain. 

A lot of cleaning happened today. Tom did much of it.

Then all of my pottery collection and Tom's pop-up book collection came out of temporary storage to go back on the shelves. We worked together. 


Now everything is back to "normal". 

It feels good. We love the holidays but when it's over, it's over.  It's all done. We're moving on.


10 comments:

  1. I love pop up books too. I will try to clear Xmas things too this weekend if I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Tom have quite the collections. Time to settle in for the rest of winter and the upcoming spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. It's over. Only took me a morning to put away my decorations though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much work for me, but, hey, you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your decorations but it's a lot of work for you. Good that you have some extra help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must feel so good to have this done, after enjoying the Christmas decorations for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find I have mixed feelings about packing everything away for 10 months. I'm not sure how many more times I will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been impressed with all the work you do. Your home is so beautiful, Linda! And you are so organized.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.