Monday, January 15, 2024

Getting Outside

 Yesterday, Sunday, when I walked out to the street to get the newspaper, late because we slept in, I was struck by how wonderful it felt to be outside. 

It was still cold, 20 Degrees F, but it was dry and calm and sunny, and I decided we should get out for a bit of a walk and just have a change of scenery. It was almost noon when we arrived a Seahurst Park on Puget Sound. 

There were others there but there was still plenty of parking.

The sun was muted by high thin clouds, great for photography, and enough to light up the new snow on the Olympic Mountains. 
Mountains, sea, and ferry boats. That's Seattle. 
The leaves are gone, of course, but the color and texture of the trees and bushes still make for a lovely scene. 




Ice lingers but it didn't freeze hard enough to stop the rainwater runoff from the hillside. 
And there's pretty ice lace in the runoff drain.

Today, Monday, was a work day, but now the house work and laundry are done. We can relax and enjoy the fact that the temperature is now 36 F. 

We'll dip below freezing again tonight and tomorrow night, but then the rain will return. I should get back outside again tomorrow while I can. 

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful to be outside after staying in because of miserable weather. I was out today and shoveled at minus 24 C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still too cold to enjoy being outside. Even the dogs make their trips out quickly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We lived in Seattle when we were first married. My husband was stationed in Bremerton. Washington is such a beautiful state. I'd love to get back there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning I looked through the window and thought it was snow, but it was all frosted. Seattle is know as a pleasant place to live you are lucky! Hope your tooth does not hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the most beautiful natural setting. The photographs are incredible, thanks for sharing a piece of your world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear you got out yesterday. It was a delightful day after all the cold we've had. We are in the mid-twenties this morning, expecting even warmer weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking in the fresh air is so much more enjoyable than exercising indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These last few days in Hawaii have been glorious. Sunny, clear skies, cool crisp air and light trade winds. Just being outside gave such a lift to my spirits after having heavy rains the week before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! When I was in high school, I used to skip school on the clear January days and take the ferry to Southworth. In the middle of the Sound, you could see both snow-capped mountain ranges. It was glorious! I miss living near water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been such a long time since I've experienced winter, snow or ice. I hope the weather starts warming up for you. Those are beautiful views of the mountains.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.