Sunday, March 24, 2024

Celebrating Spring



This was my latest quilt patch. I call it Spring Emerging.

That was the theme of our garden club outing on Saturday morning.
Yes, it rained, but there were about 14 of us on the tour of the nearby Highline Seatac Botanical Garden.

We found lots of wonderful things emerging, including these very special red Trilliums, which is why we were all pausing in the path. Lots of photos were taken, just only these two by me. I was busy being the leader and "knowledgable person". 

Back at our house we were prepared for wet jackets and umbrellas in the garage and muddy shoes in the laundry room. We gathered for cake and coffee and tea and lots of talking.

Then we were back outside to tour our garden, and the rain stopped! It was a good event, we had lots of good questions, and lots of compliments. I felt pleased with how it all turned out, and appreciated the many lovely compliments. 

We have had some decent weather in the last few days since I last posted. Charlie Cat came to visit, on the patio and on the deck.
He's still very fluffy.

We did a little shopping on Wednesday, at Cosco and at Home Depot. I finally realized it was time to replace our very old, very broken down laundry baskets. I think the old ones must be about 45 years old. :-) I wish I had a "laugh" emogi. 

Granddaughter Irene came to lunch on Friday. She is still very happy with her Grandma's house lunch: Campbells Chicken Noodle soup and saltine crackers. And then an ice cream drumstick. She's easy that way. I wish is was easier to get her to be conversant, but I think we'll have to wait a few more years for that. She's on spring break from college, and off to South Carolina today to see her father and stepmother. 

Today we are taking it slow. We just returned from our  1.20 mile walk in the neighborhood. It's such a lovely time of the year now, with cherry, plum, and pear trees blooming, daffodils and Forsythia glowing, and when the sky is blue, it's just wonderful.




10 comments:

  1. Spring makes it all wonderful in your part of the world. I bought a bunch of daffodils from Safeway to commemorate the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the blossoms are lovely!
    My grandson is just 7 and is beginning to respond in short one or two word sentences. Previously he was a little chatterbox and I miss it.
    I am not surprirsed your gardens brought many compliments. I always enjoy seeing your photos and appreciate the work you and Tom put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on another wonderful garden gathering. And I just love this time of year, too. It sounds like you are doing quite well these days. I am so happy to hear it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tree blooms are very showy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful time, Linda. And thank you for the beautiful photos. I love seeing spring in your area. My daughter says it's still not quite spring in Chicago. Your quilt patch is very beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patchwork is very nice!
    Glad you had a nice visit. Here we are between hot and cold, rain and sun…this week we are back to cold but the rain is good for our garden. I wish you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would have been better if it hadn't rained quite so much but it sounds like all those who came to tour the garden were outfitted for the weather and enjoyed your garden. And the refreshments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. He remarried less than a year after the divorce was final. That has been about 10 years ago.

      Delete
  9. Things come out in bloom so early in the PNW.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.