Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Cabin Garden Tulip Fest

 

We came up to the cabin on Whidbey Island, delaying our trip to the Skagit Valley Tulip fest for a few days, hoping for an end to the rain. Here we discovered our own little tulip fest in our cabin garden.

We have been doing some plant shopping and exploring and today we got out to begin the weeding process in our cabin garden. It looks like we'll have dry weather for tomorrow, Wednesday, for our trip up island and over to the Skagit Valley for the big Tulip Festival. My cover photo was taken there two years ago. Last year I had just had my second hip replacement, so I had to stay home. 

I'm missing my big desktop computer and monitor so my photo editing on my little laptop might not be great, but here is a photo dump of our cabin tulips, some photos taken in the wind and some in calmer sunshine.


























11 comments:

  1. You've got a lot growing at Whidbey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tulips are blooming beautifully and this wonderful variety of colors is great.
    I would love to experience the Tulip Festival... tulips as far as the eye can see.
    I look forward to your photos.
    Many greetings to you
    with all good wishes from Viola.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All is nice! All your gardens are nice! We one went to the Netherlands to visit the tulips fields it was SO nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice! I will see the tulips on Saturday with my friend Lily. I wish I didn't have to go on a weekend, but unless I want to go alone, it's what I need to do. You've got a pretty great tulip garden there in Whidbey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Spring is definitely happening in your part of the world. Enjoy your Skagit tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many pretty Spring flowers blooming in your cabin flowerbeds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, amazing tulip show. Your cabin yard is exceptional. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! You have the nicest garden fronting your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They really know how to arrange colors to make thinks attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty I bet lots of people stop to look at them

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.