Thursday, April 4, 2024

Tulips, and More

 

The tulips started to bloom in our garden this week.
We got lots of work done in the chilly sunshine while we watched them open.
We are planning to go to the Skagit Valley next week for the Tulip Festival before spending a few days at our family cabin on Whidbey Island. There will be some tulips blooming there in our cabin garden, and hopefully not too much gardening work to do. 

The maple trees are blooming too. These are the red flowers on the Full Moon Maple. Big Leaf Maples are now draped with long droops of chartruese green.  


And leaves! Leaves are opening everywhere!

I finally saw my orthopedic surgeon yesterday. There were lots of x-rays and a short talk. Dr. Chen discouraged me for having knee replacement for now since I am not in much pain and the results might not be as satisfactory as I hope for.  A fancy, expensive brace has been ordered to try out. Not sure when I'll hear about that appointment.

I am discouraged, but managing to keep my spirits up most of the time, and hobble along.

Spring is beautiful, even if it is raining today. 



10 comments:

  1. I bet those first Tulips are the ones named Irene! They are such a lovely color! The brace may give you the support you need to walk comfortably, I guess it is worth a try! I tell ya this getting old business is for the birds, keep on keeping on, I know it is easy to get discouraged. Do what you can do and then be kind to yourself and rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tulips are bright and showy. I hope hey can find something to relieve chronic pain and get you moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember one year we were at the tulip festival and were amazed by all those lovelies!!
    I hope the fancy new brace is exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t have anymore tulips in the garden now only daffodils, but this autumn I will order some from the Netherlands. Your new header is beautiful. I know it’s hard to live with pains I am sometimes discouraged I hope for you that the will find something to relief your pains and that you’ll walk more easily.
    Have good stay on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Year by year you are getting better. I believe you couldn't make it to the tulip festival last year because of your health but now you can! Good job, good body!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would rather see a tulip festival rather than an eclipse. Honest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I see the tulips coming up in your garden, it reminds me of the trip we made to the Skagit Valley to see the tulip farms. Our daughter lives in Abbotsford, so we came via Victoria, Port Angeles, and Whidbey Island.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely tulips! A sign of springtime...
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't mind the rain that much, if I'm dressed for it. Love the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tulips are gorgeous! Mom still remembers Skagit Valley's tulips. She was so awed by it all. Well.. so were we. I'm really glad your knee is doing better. Would you believe now my left knee is killing me? Doggone it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.