Monday, April 1, 2024

There Will Be No Cooking

 

The Trilliums are blooming in our garden. Supposedly they are thought of by some as reminders of the Holy Trinity, appropriate for Easter.  A common name is Wake Robin. Yep, the Robins are awake, another good sign of Spring.

Because our family was dispursed, we traveled south to get together with Tom's twin sister, Jan. For the first time in my life, I did not partake of a big Easter dinner. In fact, I declared it a No Cooking Day. Jan was good with that, although she did break down and bake a "Snackin' Cake".

We watched some Women's basketball. Then we went for a walk in a nearby park. It was sunny and we walked in the woods.



Next we went in search of a lunch that someone else was cooking. We strolled through Gig Harbor and found a great little cafe in an old fishermas net shed. The food was yummy, and it was right on the harbor. 

Back at Jan's house we hung out on her deck on Henderson Bay and visited. Some of us had more of that snackin' cake. 
It was a little after 4:00 when we began our journey back home, accompanied by glorious views of Mount Rainier. 
It was a good Easter day, laid back and lovely. 

11 comments:

  1. I prefer holidays that are laid-back and relaxed. Call me lazy, if you like.
    Your day sounds very nearly perfect, with wonderful weather, great food, and amazing scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes less is more. So less food preparation means more visiting time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an enjoyable day! I don't cook or entertain anymore since I moved into a much smaller space. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't the weather just perfect!! I didn't cook either. It's been years since we had a big Easter meal and I'm fine with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful plans and scenery. That's a big mountain! We barely have any hills in Kansas. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not cook either. Everybody was busy or away for the long weekend and we were not feeling too well so it was fine. You had beautiful weather and it was fine for a walk. Very nice view of Mt Rainier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous day. And no cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any day you don't have to cook is a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an awesome cloud formation. I don't cook much anymore. Art is the designated cook now. I'm so glad you were able to have a happy family day with Jan.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.