Saturday, May 11, 2024

The Aurora Borealis

When you live in a large city, the light polution makes it hard to see the spectacular light show you know is going on in the night sky right over your head. Our granddaughter Irene sent us this photo from Bellingham, where she said she was freaking out as she lay on the roof of her dorm.


We couldn't see much from our yard, so we drove down into the vally to a darkened golf course, and using our iPhones we were able to get an idea of the amazing show.










Now it's well past midnight, and we'll get to bed, but even with the limitations of the city lights, it was a great show and worth the effort.  


6 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'll have to look for more pictures of the event. I learned it will be happening all weekend, so Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to make an effort to see the northern lights. I thought if I could se something from the house I'd be satisfied. I didn't see anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked in vain for any sign of the aurora :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ! We could see them in France but here we did not see much. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.