Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Breakfast, Lunch, Winner!


Summer in Seattle is a beautiful thing, at least when the sun is shining.  We had a high of 81 today - perfect!  When we arise to a sunny morning, we take full advantage of it.  


Breakfast is outside, here.

 Not a bad view of this green oasis.
 Lunch is here.  I spend at least an hour here, reading the newspaper and working the puzzles.  

By the time I finish, I am in full sun, and on a day like today, I may then seek shade. Usually I move out into the garden for a few more chores before finding a comfortable place to read for a while.
Dinner was a salad, eaten early today, because we had someplace to go.


The Sounders have won the US Open Cup for the last three years, and tonight they were in the semi-finals, to determine if they will move on to defend the cup for the fourth year.


Hey, I helped paint that banner last year!

 We were off to Starfire Sports Center, not the big stadium in the city, but a high school like stadium where the sell out crowd is about 4000.  


The band, Soundwave, was there.

 We welcomed the team on to the field.
 And the match was on.  In the 32nd minute GOAL!
 The crowd erupts, and ECS really erupts!
 GOAL!

 Chivas Los Angeles Scored on us late in the game, making for a few tense minutes, until GOAL!
 And again GOAL!
 That was the final score.  What a match!  We thanked the team, and they thanked us.
 What a day!  What an evening!  Let's do it again!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that the Sounders won. And yes, it's just perfect here, a bit north of you, also. Day after day of sunshine, perfect temperatures, and smiles everywhere. Summertime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have to tell you how wonderful it is to live in the Pacific Northwest. I love it. However, we are a little warmer than you. We're running around 85. Yesterday may even have been as high as 87. That's just enough to kick it over to hot floor me. All things are relative however, Oregon hot is very different than Texas hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would seriously like to mail myself to you and just put myself out in the garden for the summer..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I could ever move from that garden. I do like the idea of reading the paper at lunch. I read ours before breakfast. This keeps me from getting out into the garden before it gets hot. I should reverse the order in which I do things. Here, if I don't get the work done in the back yard before 11:00 it is too hot to keep working. In fact, by noon, we can't really even sit on the back deck on most summer days. We have to move to the front porch where there is more shade for lunch and dinner. Oh, to live in your climate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are stunning! We absolutely have the most perfect weather on earth right now. Cool nights and warm sunny days. I am happy to move water all day - keep the sun shining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No kidding, green oasis! You're full of green in Seattle. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.