Friday, July 20, 2012

Update on Our Remodel Project


Things are happening!


The plans to redo the fireplace and shelving, lay hardwood floors, and replace the TV are under way.   


This is how the family room has looked for a long time.  You probably can't see the carpet stains that are the result of what the cat drug in, literally.  The TV is small by today's standards.  The fireplace hearth is cracked and the old insert is ugly.  Out with the old!
 To start, Tom has been building shelves for the bedroom wall.  Yesterday we got them up.


 Then I began unloading the family room shelves.  Some things will stay upstairs, and for some it will be a temporary move.


 Then this morning we began dismantling the existing shelving.  We loaded it up in the van and took it to Good Will.
 Then we went to Video Only and picked up our new TV, which was being stored at the store.
 We brought in the temporary TV stand I bought for $15 on Craig's List, my first experience with this service.  The cart is on casters so we can move it around an bit, but we will have to move it out when the contractors come.


Isaac and Irene are here for the night and the day tomorrow.  They think my new "birthday present" is pretty cool with it's life size people.

Contractors are signed up to do the fireplace beginning August 20th.  The flooring contractor will begin August 23rd. 


In the mean time, we have our new TV for watching the Olympics!


Now we just have to figure out how to use all of it's features, like the wireless Internet.

11 comments:

  1. progress! hope you don't have an earthquake with all those breakable pottery pieces on the shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the mess begins, but it will be so nice when it's over. Always enjoy seeing what the princess is up do and she didn't disappoint me. I hope you'll keep us posted on the remodeling. I enjoy looking at what other people are doing even if I can't do any myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how is the cat dealing with all of this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jake - Josy was freaked when we had a snowstorm on the TV and were going through set up and making beeps. She hasn't been in the house much since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irene is on TV :)

    it will be great for watching the Olympics
    enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a full size screen! It will be a great way to watch the Olympics, on an Olympic sized TV! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is exciting! Can't wait to see the rest of the process. As far as big t.v.'s go, you can't beat them. I began to enjoy baseball when I could actually see what the players were doing.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We still have our bulky TV, but it's reliable and free. Maybe that will change one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it's gonna be a mess before it gets better so just hang in there. We will. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. things are indeed happening. I love the last image of your little sweetie in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good gosh! I'm so jealous! I'd love a big screen TV. Ours is probably smaller than your original TV. I must say, Tom is really talented. Your room already looked great. I can't wait to see how it looks when you're done.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.