Sunday, July 29, 2012

Seattle Fun

Saturday was tourist day in Seattle, for us and for thousands of other visitors, it seems.  


Corey's mom and step dad and niece Allie were visiting the Northwest.  They had spent the week at the Rockaway cabin with Jill and the kids, and came to Seattle Friday afternoon for a day of touring the Emerald City.  This morning they were on a plane heading back to Colorado.


We packed a lot into that one day.


Waiting for the LINK light rail.

 Yep, those are blue trees in West Lake Center, someone's idea of 'Art'.
 The kids played in the water wall fountain, and then we headed for The Market.
 The view from "Totem Pole Park", as we call it, is explained by Tour Director Tom to Tourist John.  
 Irene and I love the market flower stalls.
 Of course we had to show off the gum wall, and add to it.
 The Market was getting very crowded, so we went further down the hill to the Waterfront.
 The photo below is the only one Isaac has given me permission to publish.
 We had lunch on the pier at Ivar's, of course.
 Fish and chowder for the people, fries for the seagulls.


 Then it was time to head back to West Lake Center and catch a ride on the Monorail out to Seattle Center, where we had a 2:00 reservation  to Ride the Duck.
 Tom and I will have to return some other time to do the new Dale Chululy Glass Museum.
 The view as we waited for our Duck ride.
 Some of us were all quacked up.

 The official, and pricey, group photo.  Andrea sprang for it; we scanned it.
 The "ducks' are WWII amphibious landing craft that have been revamped as touring vehicles.
 The 90 ride took us around Seattle and along what would later that evening be the route of the Torchlight Parade.  Some folks had quite the set up for parade watching.

 We drove over the ship canal to Lake Union for the "Sea" part of the Land and Sea ride.
 Here we go.


 Lake views.
 The tour was a lot of fun and a lot of silliness, which was fun too.
 Before we returned via monorail and light rail, the kids stood on the feet of the Space Needle.
Back at the homestead we enjoyed appetizers which included Market smoked salmon, and a BBQ grilled dinner, followed by TV parade and Olympics watching, and pie.

20 comments:

  1. A lovely post Linda. I always think it is super special to get a tour from someone who knows the area really well. I am sure they appreciated it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day was had by all, Linda! Wonderful, fun captures as always!! The weather has been lovely, hasn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me, I would never have made it for all that. Looks like everyone was enjoying themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super post. A neat way to showcase good 'ol Seattle. Looks like you all had a grand time.

    May 14th I had a total knee replacement and was recovering quite well when I was floored by a nasty staph infection in the surgery site. So back to the hospital and open me up again a do all kinds of stuff and now I am finally home, an IV in my arm and all kinds of stuff to shoot into myself and constant pain. BUT I will get better and go back to climbing up Mt. Baker. MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day. Seattle is stunning when it's not raining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour Linda. Looks like a good time was had by all - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may never get to Seattle but I really did enjoy your tour in pictures. What an incredibly full day for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! You are sure looking good, Linda. And it does look like you had a very fun day. Thanks for taking me along! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered what the ducks was-glad you explained, looks like something fun to do next time we're up that way...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the tour since it is unlikely I will ever make it.
    Could not believe people acturally lugged their couches to the curb to watch a parade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fun and busy day for all of you. Thanks for the tips on places to visit.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a busy day and I would love to visit....I enjoy your blog Linda..so much going on an always with family in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I probably will never visit Seattle, as David has already been there and found it boring. But, I liked what I saw from these photos. What's not to like? I think there are a lot of fun things to see and do in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I probably will never visit Seattle, as David has already been there and found it boring. But, I liked what I saw from these photos. What's not to like? I think there are a lot of fun things to see and do in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I envy you the energy it took to do that much in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice pictures of the family. I'm always interested in ideas for activities to do with the grandchildren as they get older.The Chihuly exhibit would be great to visit. I like his works in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like a super fun day! The kids of all ages seem to be really enjoying it. We went on the duck tours in Boston with our grandson. It was great fun. It would be great to see Seattle in this fashion also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I rode the Ducks in Boston
    they put on quite a show :)
    I was revealed to be from NY and asked on the loudspeaker if I was a Yankees fan
    I replied "not today"
    got a good laugh

    beautiful family shots and great Seattle scenes
    you guys know how to have fun

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

    Thanks for sharing the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was so much fun! It brought back a lot of happy memories. Wonderful, wonderful photos, Linda. You have such a good looking family! You really do!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.