Sunday, January 25, 2015

Seahawks Send Off!

We live near the Seattle-Tacoma airport. This morning that's where the Seattle Seahawks were making their departure for Phoenix and next week's Superbowl. Of course we joined the Twelves in a big send off.

The access street between the freeway and the airport was blocked off and from early this morning people started lining the street.  We parked up the hill and walked down to find Jill and the kids.

We waited for over an hour for the team buses to come through, so we filled the time with chanting and talking and people watching.
I walked along the street to take some crowd shots.


















We bought a big flag!

 It was certainly a colorful scene!
Finally the news helicopters were overhead.  The procession was arriving!


 This was my view of the team bus. 

 Tom stood back and captured us cheering on the team. 
And then it was done.  
 The crowd dispersed into the neighborhoods as the cheering went on down the street towards the airport. 
Done, but fun!

13 comments:

  1. You are true fans. Enjoy the big game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some crowd. I've never seen that many people in my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times. Truly the Seahawk fans are over the top. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what fun that must have been. I've never seen anything like it. I'm a fan because I'm a Kam Chancellor fan since he was a Virginia Tech Hokie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm convinced Seattle has the greatest fan base in sports. Go Hawks.
    Did someone get a haircut or is it just tucked up under the cap? Hope he donated those gorgeous locks if he did cut them off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no pony in this race, but am so happy for you! You have been so loyal. My son-in-law is heading to the game and thus I am babysitting over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures made me feel like I was there. What an amazing thing to have them back in the Superbowl! Now all we have to do is WIN!!!! Go Hawks!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a matter of fact, Isaac did get a haircut! He went from rock star to short and "sporty".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Grief at the people! I always love seeing you and your beautiful family!! I didn't notice Isaac's hair being cut. Need to go back and look again. He is so handsome either way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool! Glad you had a good time cheering on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping all the balls stay inflated.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.