Thursday, January 22, 2009

Field Trip - A Glass Act

As a break from yard work and politics, we joined Tom's sister, Jan, and friend Martha for an outing in Tacoma. For those of you not living in the Northwest, Tacoma is 30 miles south of Seattle. This is the Seymour Conservatory, a Victorian glass house in Wright Park. In celebration of it's 100th year Anniversary, an exhibition of Chihuly glass has been installed. Dale Chihuly, world famous glass artist, was born in Tacoma, and it is here that The Museum of Glass features permanent displays of his work.
Outside it was cold, with a persistent heavy gray fog. But inside it was spring, with daffodils and orchids and glass all in a mix of glorious color.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, your photos are breathtaking! How I would love to see this. Unfortunately, I don't drive very much and have no idea how to find it, but with your pictures I can almost feel that I am there. Thank you so much for sharing these! The colors are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I have to go!!! This is amazing. I love Chihuly's work. This is my next stop!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place the Seymour Conservatory is Linda? Your lovely photos show it well. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an amazing photo tour. The colors, flowers, glass creations...awesome. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun place to visit, love the colors and creative glass art. a great winter field trip-thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Chiluly! Isn't it wonderful how they've coupled these graceful and colorful pieces with the flowers? What a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now that is the cure for a gray day and it reminds me that we have something similar here in Buffalo that I should go visit soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place---and I haven't been there. Shame on me. I do live up by the Pilchuck Glass School that DC started. It is quite a neat working place to visit. MB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a gorgeous place. I love the glass art.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.