Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Too Busy to Blog?

Maybe. It was a winter day here in Seattle, with steady light rain and temps in the low 40's, the kind of day that keeps us indoors. It's a good thing the solar powered weather station up on the roof has stored up energy. There wasn't much solar power today. But that's OK. When I finished up in the yard Sunday morning, I washed up gardening clothes and stowed them. I don't plan to do much more out there. I've moved indoors to begin my holiday sewing. - (I also packed up all of the Sounders gear and stored it away. Their season ended abruptly on Sunday when they lost in the first round of the playoffs. We'll miss them, but it's time to move on.) While my embroidery attachment and sewing machine do the stitching, I have a few minutes to shoot some photos, but I do have to stay right there. Machines have a way of misbehaving when you're not looking, and you have to be ready to hit the stop button when the thread breaks or ravels, which happens just often enough to make you nervous. It happened twice today, and once you start a program the computer takes over, and it doesn't go backwards. This project will have to remain secret for a while, since the recipients read my blog. I have a stack of projects waiting, including some outfits for Irene. I'll be busy getting everything ready for Christmas. Tom has an indoor project too. Down at the other end of the counter he is working at the computer, scanning old photos. He's now into his own childhood, having discovered an old album his mother must have put together, but that has gone unnoticed for many years. You might notice he's bundled up. I'm working in shirt sleeves. We have very different body thermal systems. Here are Tom and his twin, Jan, celebrating their second birthday. It's just an example of the treasures he is preserving. I took my blood pressure reading this morning, since it has been about six weeks since I last checked, and it was up too high. So even though I am going to be spending time indoors, I have to get back to my exercise regimen. I wrapped up the sewing early enough to devote an hour to my exercise routine, while the oven heated up the left over pot roast dinner I cooked yesterday. - I'm a list maker. Today's list: Do sample embroideries. Start project. Exercise. Check. Check. Check. - And now I'm squeezing blogging in after dinner, before I go downstairs and settle into my recliner to watch TV shows we've recorded, and Parenthood at 10:00. Before I go, I'll check in and see what you all are up to.

11 comments:

  1. You sound busy and productive. I think I will try the list thing...Maybe then, I will get more done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do stay busy and I think that's great, I've always tried to do the same thing. I was easier to stay very busy when all four kids were younger and at home! I know you'll have a great holiday season and all those projects will bring so much pleasure to all the members of your family! Hope you're having a lovely evening!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever find that winter is a welcome time of enforced rest Linda? I think it would be nice to do that after your so-busy lives :-) Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I notice that you also spiffed up your blog. Love the header picture, the larger type, the cleaner look. And we are now using the same template, but it looks entirely different!

    You are one of the most productive people I've ever met, either virtually or in person! You will never be sorry if you get that exercise, but wasn't there a heel spur or something keeping you inside? (I don't remember exactly.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes our routines do change with the weather. We had our first freeze last night but it's still sunny and in the 60s during the day. perfect for walking. looks like you have plenty of projects planned-have fun and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you told me, you like to "do and see." Lots of projects plus exercise! All I ever do is read, read, read. Too sedentary. I must get up and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative...my blood pressure is up even with medication... I need to exercise and lose weight...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can sure relate to this. With a party looming I decided I needed to make window coverings for the family room (I work best under deadline). I managed to get it done and still clean and prepare nosh.
    Photos and slides clutter my computer area waiting to be scanned after view hundreds of slides and discarding most. As for blood pressure, activity and meds still didn’t get it where it should be so I have become very aggressive about salt and that seems to be helping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The solar weather station sounds very interesting!
    Days when the temps are in the low 40s and it's raining just beg for a lighted fire, a blanket, and a book. It just feels so raw out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing, and I think that I must've already said that by now. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in California right now so I actually am too busy to blog, but I had a quick moment so I had to stop by. I am very intrigued by your holiday projects. That great that Tom is working on scanning the old photos! Hurrah! Tell him I'm proud of him.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.