Monday, January 27, 2014

No Moss Gathering Here

A rolling stone gathers no moss.  
We just keep in rolling.

Sunday morning found us out in the neighborhood joining the throngs of the 12th Man in sending off the Seahawks to New Jersey/New York for the Super Bowl.

As the buses came off the freeway and covered the mile long access to the airport, cheering fans lined the street by the thousands to cheer them on.  We were there.



 Here they come!  We just surged out into the street, stopping all other traffic.





 It was like this all the way into the airport.  Go Hawks!

Back at home, I hung my glass 12th Man in my kitchen window.

The rest of Sunday I made turkey soup, went for my exercise walk and did my exercise routine.

Tom stuffed yard waste bins with purnings he had worked on during the week. They're ready for pick up Monday morning.
He also took the van into town and picked up the china hutch we bought.  We will deliver it to Jill tomorrow evening.

Today I spent much of the day at or around the Capitol Hill Group Health Medical Center.  My echo cardiogram was scheduled for 11:00, check in at 10:45.  It was 11:25 before I was called.  Laying on my side in one position for 40 minutes was uncomfortable, but not terrible.  Then I went to the cafeteria for a bit of lunch and a latte.

I was due back for a follow up with the cardiologist at 1:30.  With over a half hour to kill,  I naturally went for a walk!  I had brought some extra layers because the persistent fog was not allowing much warmth from the sun.
I got in a great aerobic walk around Capitol Hill, stopping to take photos of wonderful old houses and whatever I found blooming.










 An urban pea patch on a corner lot. ↓
 I don't think I could live on this street ↓ :-)

 Seed pods of fetid iris. ↓
 Daffodils are emerging.
 Witch hazel ↓
 Sarcococca and Helebore ↓
 Back at the medical center I got the OK news that my aortic valve stenosis is progressing very slowly.  I can put off a valve job for quite a while yet.
The fog never lifted, and now the sun is sinking into the horizon unmarked by color as the light slowly fades.  I've done a few of my exercises, enough for today, had a long phone conversation with my sister, reported in with my husband, and posted this blog with my cell phone photos.  There's more turkey soup for dinner so that will be easy.

It will be time for some relaxing.  But not long enough for moss to gather.

18 comments:

  1. That's a long, wonderful walk! Was that forsythia I already saw blooming? In January? I like fog a lot, but it sure does make it extra chilly.

    We wish you lots of aloha and luck for the Seahawks. Art and our son always have a $1 bet for the Superbowl. This time, Art took the Seahawks. I certainly hope they win! Otherwise, Art will have to send the $1 to Bangladesh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although we had sun and fog all day, it felt cold all day. I went to see "Wolf of Wall Street" today and found out why DeCaprio and Hill got nominations. I sure wish I could see "12 Years," then I'd have seen all the performances and movies nominated.

    Thinking of you, glad you are taking pictures and walking, still. The buses here in Bellingham are all flashing "Go Hawks" every few seconds!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found a great variety of foliage for this post. I notice that Republican street is a dead end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your heart is doing well and that the procedure can wait. I loved the neighborhood where you went walk. I chuckled over the street sign. No comment on the Hawks. ;)

    Enjoy the rest of the week leading up to your big day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am curious. What kind of camera did you use to take the photos of your walk? Do you carry a camera with you, or do you use your iPhone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your medical issue is just poking along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing your photographs! I would not want those 3 heads in my yard though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to see things growing. Our yard is just brown and dead...no sign of life yet. We do have our new raised beds ready to go. Good news that your condition is stable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news that you don't need a valve job. Your positive attitude and dedication to exercise are paying off.
    How nice to have such excitement in your city and that send off must have given the team a boost.
    Also had to laugh at that street sign. Not me either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the
    Dead End sign attached to the Republican St. sign!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you passed the echocardiogram test. Wishing you and the Hawks well, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your Seahawks pictures and those of your walk. I hope that the snowstorm doesn't mess things up for the big game. Glad that you are healing up, even if things are going more slowly than you hoped.

    Hugs,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Up north of you here in Conway the sun shone most of the day. My daughter works in Marysville and she said it was cold and foggy there--foggy in Stanwood also. We are just a bit higher maybe that was the difference. Beautiful sunrise yesterday though and now it is raining this morning. You got some dandy pictures. beautiful area for photo snapping. Good 'ol Holy Names. I went to Holy Angels academy in Ballard area. About
    t 50 rungs down than HN. LOL
    Take care, MB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking us with you on the walk. Daffodils already how fun! Good luck with the surgery. All your blogging friends are with you for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was quite a send off for the Seahawks! Love the plant pictures - nice to see Forsythia blooming already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those houses along your walk, and the plants, and all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I noticed you caught some Forsythia blooming, that is still four months off for us. I am lost on the whole 12th man thing...but then I am not a football fan. Good to hear part of you are okay and won't need replacement yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You saw some great sights on your walk! Such a nice area to wander around. Haven't been there in years but your pictures make me want to do some wandering around Seattle!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.