Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Plant Identification

Many of you have commented about having Forsythia blooming already.  It isn't.  Forsythia blooms here in March, along with the daffodils.

This pretty little blooming shrub is Corylopsis, common name Winter Hazel, not to be mistaken for witch hazel.

I should have identified it when I posted, but I didn't remember how to spell the name of it and I didn't take the time to look it up.  

Today, however, I am taking time for everything.  I have had to discontinue all aspirin or other NSAIDS, and as a result, I hurt.  All the walking and stationary biking and core strengthening I have been doing have left me stiff and sore now that the anti-inflammatory drugs have been discontinued.  

With two days left before surgery, I am now practicing to slow down.  For me that's not so easy.



13 comments:

  1. Ahhhh... Thank you, Linda. It looks so much like forsythia. Good luck on your surgery! That is such a bummer that you have to suffer the pain before you can have the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Linda. I take NSAIDS for discomfort, too, and stopping them means having to slow down and let myself (yourself) feel what life would be like if we didn't have them. I am hoping that you'll be able to post something before Monday, but if not, I'll be anxiously awaiting word. As you said, I'll be traveling that day and will probably not see anything until Tuesday anyway, and hopefully you'll be home and recovering. You are in my thoughts as you go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're hurting. That plant sure looks like forsythia! Thanks for the plant id lesson...I always want to know the names of plants I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thoughts and positive vibes as you go into surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day to soak in the hot tub. That always eases my bones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this plant and have one somewhere. Better go look and see if it's blooming! Only two more days and no pain meds on board - sorry about that Linda. You'll be up and rarin' to go in no time though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a pretty little shrub, thanks for the correction! I hope your surgery goes as planned:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you are hurting. Take care of yourself and good luck on your surgery. I hope it goes extremely well and you are like a new woman this time next week. We will be anxiously awaiting news from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know... Going off my meds for surgery left me hurting more than usual.... Sorry you have to,go,through this...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too can understand. Sure hope you will be feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prior to his surgery, David had to avoid Meloxicam, which he took for arthritis, and as a result he really was in pain. Good luck and best wishes to you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. our thoughts are with you for a successful surgery and speedy recovery....

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry you are hurting. You are in my prayers for a very successful surgery and a speedy recovery. They had better have TV in your room so you can watch the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.