Friday, April 27, 2018

April in the Reeder Garden

Tom and I have been busy in our yard this week, taking advantage of the lovely weather. It was also great to get to be up close and personal with all of the beauty that April brings here in Puget Sound country. 



When I wasn't busy crawling around edging and weeding and planting, I took photos, in both sun and shade. You'll get some of both. 


 We have seen some Mason bees emerging from their winter storage. 

 Everything looks so much better when the lawn edges are freshly cut. 









The espaliered apple trees are blooming.




The raised beds are being prepared. Dahlias are planted. Sweet peas are up, as well as radishes and lettuce. 




Epimediums of various varieties and flower colors are blooming. 

 The secret garden is cleaned up and I brought the seating out of storage. 

 Ferns unfurl. 











 Welsh poppies are beginning to pop. 

 Wild purple wood violets.
Lewisias blooming on the front porch. 

And out on the driveway, the wall is in bloom. 


Thursday the temperature reached 83. We took the afternoon off, enjoying lunch on the patio and reading in the shade.

Today, Friday, the high is 56, and the clouds are moving in for rain over night and into the weekend. Time for everything to be refreshed, I guess. 

15 comments:

  1. What perfect weather! Although I have to say that 83 is a bit on the high side, to me. We got up to 75, a record for Bellingham. Love your beautiful flowers. The secret garden is one of my favorite parts of your place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent. Susan came in today and will leave on Tuesday, the day before the weather turns nice again. Grr We would have gone to the zoo to see Lincoln, the new sea otter, but not with the weather this cold and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots of great stuff to enjoy in your yard. with all the effort you put in you're rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is looking gorgeous and what perfect weather we had to enjoy the marvels of April. Too bad we're back to cloudy, cooler, and wet conditions but all things have their place, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. just beautiful...flowers everywhere. we do have a peach tree and strawberries blooming but it was 92 degrees today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not able to visit blogs yet, but I just had to stop by and see your garden. I'm sorting through 7,000+ photos right now of our European Trip and starting to write my travel posts for next week. We were a little too early for the tulips at Keukenhof but there were enough other spring flowers there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful, Linda. I visit a botanical garden. You live in one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're not quite into spring yet.
    Spring gardening was my favourite when I had gardens. Yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy looking at photos of your home and garden. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that driveway wall and the header. All your work has paid off handsomely. Be proud and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your garden home. To me, it is better than all those other gardens that you show us because it is not too big, not too small, and a true reflection of what you love. It is a lot of work, which you both seem to enjoy. Truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is absolutely lovely!!
    After the sunny week we had, today is cool and showery so I took advantage of the coolness and transplanted most of my new little plants bought earlier this week. And I bought Slug bait because we have lots of snails and slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden looks wonderful! So bright and colorful. I need more tulips, I think I might try planting them in pots and burying them like you do, for temporary color in the spring. Wasn't last week's sunshine such a wonderful gift? Of course, now I ache in muscles I forgot I had.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.