Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day

We fed our kids today. Isn't that what fathers and mothers do on their days? Well, we do. 

We spent much of the morning prepping. We cleaned up the patio and the tables. Tom prepared the bacon wrapped shrimp skewers for the three of us who like shrimp. That would be Tom, me and Irene. I prepared the teriyaki chicken sticks for the other three. That would be Jill, Jake and Isaac. There was fruit compote with fresh local cherries and strawberries in it, among lots of other good stuff. On the grill with the chicken and shrimp, Tom grilled fresh local asparagus, and there was corn on the cob with cilantro butter and warm  bread and butter. 

We timed our sitting down to eat until after everyone in their various locations could watch this  morning's World Cup matches. We are a soccer loving family.  

Of course I took no photos, until it was time for dessert. I informed the family that since we were gone all day yesterday touring gardens on Bainbridge Island that I didn't have time to bake anything so we would have to eat ice cream. Such a shame. 

After I set up the ice cream sundae bar, I stood back out of the way. 
 Tom stood back too, until the "guests" had their turn.

 Here's mine.
Tom chose a bowl instead of a fancy sundae glass so he could get more in it.
 Jake said, " Ah, you caught me trying to get out the last little bit!"
We had a fun time eating and visiting and being together. By 4:00 everyone was gone, cleanup was done, and Tom and I had moved indoors because it is 85 degrees outside. 

Tom is a wonderful father, grandfather, and husband. We celebrated him by having him do what he always does, helping to take care of our tribe. 

13 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another of those wonderful Reeder family events. Easy to see everybody enjoyed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have expected nothing less. Happy Fathers' Day to Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ice cream sundae bar looks good! Tom had the right idea using a bowl to get more in. Happy Fathers Day to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic celebration. I'm sure Tom feels better that he's considered to be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Dad's Day to Tom! Were you doing the Garden Conservancy tour? I bet they were great gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds lovely being together with great food...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful feast fit for kings and queens, or a least a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Father's Day to Tom. I know he is a good father, as you are a good mother, Linda. Thanks for sharing those pictures of the ice cream! I ate some with my eyes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad Tom got to enjoy such a great Father's day. BTW, I love the idea of the ice cream sunday bar. Beats baking on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful life, partner, and family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tom is a great dad and has an equally great partner! Glad his day was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.