Saturday, June 9, 2018

Interlude

I'll be getting back to my Oregon Coast posts, but I'm interrupting myself to share my Saturday morning. 

We were gone all day Friday, first at breakfast and then up north in Everett at Sorticulture, a huge outdoor garden arts show. I will eventually have a post about that too.

This morning, Saturday, after a great night's sleep at last, we both just sat around and caught up on electronic communications. After a late breakfast, and with a break in the rain this morning, we went for a three mile walk. Then we both poked around in the garden. I deadheaded the roses and then picked a new bouquet for the kitchen table. 

Rain may be on the way for our Sounders match at the stadium this evening, but we'll be prepared.

It's lunch time. And then I'll watch the third leg of the Triple Crown and work on another blog post. 

All is good here. Everything is coming up roses. 

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh, NICE roses. Glad to hear they are all coming up everywhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be nice to pick fresh bouquets from your own flower garden. No doubt a better emotional experience than buying flowers at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bouquet! Perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your last sentence that goes along nicely with the bouquet. Wild roses are in bloom here .

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower arrangement, and so perfect on your quilted mat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roses are beautiful! Between dead heading flowers and watering, it's hard to find time for blog posts! It was nice to get a couple of days of serious rain! I love the pictures you post on Facebook also even when I'm just lurking and not commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your arrangement is gorgeous! We went up to Sorticulture on Saturday & the vendors said that Friday was crazy busy and they sold a lot of stuff. I love that's one of my favorite festivals. The setting is a delight, love the entertainment, all the vendors, and the smell and feeling of a summer picnic.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.