Thursday, June 14, 2018

Sorticulture

We didn't stay put long after we returned home from the Oregon Coast last week. Home on Thursday evening, we were off again on Friday to attend Sorticulture, a huge garden arts festival in a park in Everett, WA, about an hour north of Seattle. 

It was threatening rain and I purposefully did not take my camera, choosing to just enjoy the art fair and probably dodge showers.

However, it never rained more that a few light sprinkles, and I always have my phone, so I do have a few pics to share.
 There are pretty plants to buy. 
 Lots of fun glassware. 
 We were intrigued by this pot holder. 
 I have a soft spot for table hardware art. I bought this silverware dragonfly. 

 Another cool idea, turning old picture frames into hanging succulent gardens. 
 My favorite bug lady was there. I already have a bunch of her bugs. 
 I almost bought this whisk head spoon man. 
 How cool is this toaster elephant!
 Shovel head crabs or bugs or....? 
 More succulent wall gardens. 
 These garden chaps were tempting. 
 These HUGE metal flowers made me grin. 
 This beautiful big tree provided a stage for plants for sale. 

 Musical fountains, for "Water Music"? Can you get a Handel on it?
 Miniature gardens. 

 One of my favorite craft forms, glass quilting. 
 We spent hours here, looking at everything, resisting most, eating some fair food, and having a great time. 

10 comments:

  1. A delightful way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That toaster elephant would have come home with me! What a wonderful shopping event! Lots of cleaver ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love silverware art too. I bought one of those fused glass bugs a few years ago, then lost it to Nigel. He works in QA, finding bugs in software, and he appropriated it to take to work. I need to buy more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be broke if I lived there. All these items are tempting and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love to see the cleverness that imagination can produce. i don't think I have even heard of glass quilting -- what an intriguing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that the musical fountain inspired you!!
    I really liked the silverware dragonfly. Maybe if I show it to my talented DD she'll make one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially like the garden chaps. And the elephant! Thanks for the tour, Linda. You don't let any grass grow under your feet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun garden/craft show. I can't believe I missed it when it was so close to where I live. I guess I have to start paying attention to the "local happenings". I like the garden chaps, but when I would need them most in the spring/summer they would be too heavy and too hot to wear I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorticulture was a blast again this year. We attended on Saturday and had a lot of fun getting ideas and talking with talented folks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.