Thursday, April 28, 2022

Christianson's Nursery

 Whenever we are in the Skagit Valley, which is usually just during tulip time, we must pay a visit to one of our favorite nurseries. 

I only took a few photos this year, what with managing my walking stick and handling  plants and maneuvering around, so you get just a peek this time. 

Christianson's is an old nursery. It has been serving the valley for many years. It is also filled with well aged structures and objects to lend rustic charm, which is one of the things I love about it. They also have a large selection of great plants. 



Our purchases.
Across the street is a bulb growing field, this year planted with daffodils. 
The little old schoolhouse, moved here from another valley location, houses a good little show of local artists work. 
And the grounds were a great place to sit and rest and soak up some sun. 


11 comments:

  1. What a lovely place. Thanks for taking us with you. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place to visit, even if one wasn't in the buying mood. It looks like you did well with your haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a very pleasant spring day when it would be nice to sit out in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those structures are really strange but interesting. That school house is really welcoming as are those chairs in the sun. Interesting purchases. I like that red spiky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I get Blogger to email these comments to me again? Too many weird things going on with Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your visit to the Valley, always ending with this visit. And yes, Blogger has sure been weird lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That schoolhouse makes a charming art venue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH I have to get to a nursery very soon!! I love all the pictures especially the 5th one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to tell you I borrowed The Big Orange Splot to read to my grandson, but his teacher had already read it to his class. He did tell me he would decorate his house to look like a Pokemon house.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.