Saturday, April 30, 2022

Tulip Time at the Reeder Homestead.

 These photos were taken in our garden over about a week's time. The bouquet in the first photo is now faded and I dumped it this morning. I'll be back out when the rain stops to put together a new one.



After planting the same thing year after year we made some changes last fall when we planted this year's bulb order. Since nothing much was growing well on this wall anymore, due to lack of sun, we planed an assortment of Hosta there, and planted tulips between them. As the Hostas grow, the tulips will finish and be removed.
We also couldn't get our favorite purple bulbs, so our color mix doesn't have quite the same WOW effect. We'll make adjustments next fall. 







My old coal bucket planter needed refreshing. I bought the red cordyline and found the rest of the material in Tom's nursery.  

When we were at Roozengaarde' s tulip display last year, Tom really liked these fringed tulips. so we ordered some for our garden. 
I do love orange and purple together. 




These bright beauties are just opening under the apple trees. 




While we do want the weather to warm up, we also are happy that the chilly days are prolonging the tulip show on into May.

Happy May Day!

13 comments:

  1. I think you've got the nicest garden I know of! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly breathtaking, Linda. You have the most beautiful garden in any season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome variety of tulips color, size shape. Then you artfully shape the beds a and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it before, your garden is stunning and you could charge admission. Sure glad we get the tour for free. Also you make the best arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all really beautiful! Thanks for the private tour! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely tour of your April garden. Your first bouquet picture is a stunner - especially with that placemat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very very beautiful! I love seeing all your gorgeous flowers in bloom. Thanks for sharing them here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful colors. I never tire of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your flowers are beautiful. I especially like the arrangement in the old coal bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! I thought every picture had the WOW effect. The fringed tulips almost look like cloth, don't they? Your yard is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Your gardens are looking wonderful already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is wonderful. So much colour and variety of blooms. I am full of admiration as it must take so much work to keep it looking that beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful garden. Your hard work shows.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.