Saturday, April 23, 2022

It's Tulip Time, Part 1

 We studied the weather and the tulip blooming progress. We picked a day when it wasn't going to rain and the tulips would be at their best. That day was Friday. We weren't disappointed. There were lots of others who picked that day too, so I just had to contend with people in my photos. But that was all part of the color and the scene.

What you are going to get now is a photo dump that will keep coming over several posts. I won't have to worry about being boring. :-)

All of these photos are taken in the display garden of Roozengaarde, the largest blub growers in the beautiful Skagit Valley in northwestern Washington state.  There will be very little comment on my part. Just enjoy.


















































More to come.

14 comments:

  1. thanks. Great photos. they can really arrange the colors to show off the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color color everywhere! Thanks for taking us along. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the colors are amazing. So many varieties of tulips. Thanks for sharing!!!

    P.S. The photo of you in front of the windmill reminded me of the Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been there too. This is our own little Holland.

      Delete
  4. Wow with all those amazing colors I was really struck by the purity and contrast of the plain white ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I am so glad you went and took lots of photos! Perfect on a dreary Minnesota day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely!! I particularly like the way the river of grape Hyacinths runs through the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your beautiful photos certainly brought back a lot of wonderful, colorful memories. You certainly got there at the peak of gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, and it's amazing to see how much more blooms are open in just one week! My eyes are full but I'll be hoping for more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness! What a gorgeous display. Thank you so much for sharing. It must be breath taking in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! You're right, not a word was needed. Doesn't seem possible that someone could put together something so beautiful as all these tulips

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your photo dump. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somebody has a good eye to plant tulips so that colors and shapes show off well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.