Sunday, September 18, 2022

Sports and Flowers and Trying To Make Myself Move

 It's now just after noon on Sunday morning. We got a late start. Tom is outside puttering in the yard. I just finished my long PT routine and then 33 minutes on the recumbent stationary bike. I'm sitting at my computer for my cool down, hoping to get this post wrapped up before it's time for Seahawks football on the telly. 

Saturday morning we checked in at the girl's soccer booth at the DesMoines Marina Saturday Market.


I got a hug from Irene and talked to Jill, who was the adult in charge for the morning shift. I heard later that they did very well, and my cookies were good sellers. 

We walked around the market a bit, bought some fresh corn, and enjoyed the flowers.







On our way out we bought a couple of goodies from the soccer team and tasted a sample of boiled peanuts. They were right out of the boiling pot so I let them cool a bit, then tasted them in the car. Am I missing something? Warm and mushy, they were not to our liking. 

Next stop was Safeway to do our grocery shopping. Then I had time to pick and arrange flowers before a late lunch.





The flowers are getting scarce as the chilly nights have plants shutting down.

By then I was tired. I'm not sure what I did in the afternoon. There was some blog reading and some book reading and later I sort of watched college football. Our two state university teams did very well. Not so our Sounders. They lost again in their evening game in Vancouver, Canada, and are most likely out of the playoffs for the first time in their history. Oh well, as Jill said, it will save us money. 

Alrighty, I'm cooled down, this blog is about ready for posting, I'll get some team gear on and get ready to see if the Seahawks luck holds against the 49ers in California.

11 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so full of colourful flowers, and I love bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe all the stuff you do in one day. You are dedicated to your physiotherapy. that's the only way to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your adventures and flowers. I tried boiled peanuts on a drive in the Deep South. Nope, I don't care for them either. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful. Sorry about the Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers. I tried boiled peanuts just once...I do not like them either...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the boiled peanuts. I felt like I was eating warm grubs. I'll pass. Ouch about the
    Seahawks and 49'ers but they did beat the Broncos. Celebrate the wins I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers both at the event and from your garden. I've not had boiled peanuts but based on the comments here, I won't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love boiled peanuts. The ones you had were probably overcooked. We boil them with a bit of salt and add star anise for flavor. They are not mushy and they are juicy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought boiled peanuts were a Hawaii thing. Then I discovered they were actually also a Southern thing. Everybody I know here loves them and I agree with Honolulu Aunty. If they were mushy, they were cooked much too long. I have to say Seattle grows the BEST most BEAUTIFUL flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers colours are so beautiful. Nice the cookies sold well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those vegetables are amazing. Plethora of goodies. I love boiled peanuts. Sorry you didn't.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.