Monday, November 7, 2022

Making Hay

 Tom makes hay while the .... well, not hay, but progress, not while the sun shines, but when the rain stops. He did a lot of that on Sunday, while I stayed in the house and watched football. (We won.)


Our giant Western Red Cedars drop all of last years foliage. It covers the patio and much of the lawn. Rather than raking the lawn, which I used to do, we got smart. Now he just uses the rotary mower to vacuum it up.


The edges I clipped last week are looking sharp. 
Most of the beds are cleaned out.
All of the maples are in various stages of turning color. 


The patio is all cleaned off now too, and that cedar debris is now a new clean layer on the garden path to the deck. 

In the front yard the Fern Leaf Full Moon Maple is trying to keep up with the celestial full moon. That happens tomorrow, Nov. 8th. 


The tree will not quite have reached it's orange stage, but it's very bright, and it's getting there. It's OK with me if it slows down and takes it's time. Autumn beauty is just so fleeting. 



13 comments:

  1. Here , fall work never ends until winter comes. I don't think you get that benefit where yard work is not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! And that does make more sense to vacuum up the leaves rather than rake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good but then your place always does. Maybe you will soon get some time off. Congrats on the win. Who needs RW? Think he is banged up now anyway. You were lucky he walked away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it all looks so lovely. Like Patti, I hope the two of you get a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors there are so pretty. Oh, it really does go away too fast. Your patio covered in tiny leaves reminds me of our front yard, covered is little willow oak leaves. I haven't started raking yet. The leaves are falling today like rain drops. It is very windy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two make quite an energetic team! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yard is all tidy and ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I give Tom a lot of credit for working so hard. The yard looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I encourage you to see if the tree droppings (guessing acidic) can be kept on some of the beds and perhaps some of the lawn. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is tidy and ready for winter! Tomm did a good job! The Marple trees are now beautiful I have some in the garden too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful as always! Seems you, too, had a spectacular fall.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.