Sunday, May 21, 2023

Fast

 



The wisteria bloomed this week. By the end of the week it was in full bloom and already starting to drop petals. Too fast.


The tulips are all gone, too fast, but the first rose in in bloom!

Columbine and allium are adding color to this bed, where perennials are beginning to take on their "abundant" look.


Life seems to be going fast too. I had PT and dental appointments this week. On Friday evening we decided to go to Irene's last track meet. The 4x400m relays were the last events of the District Meet, so we had dinner a little early and were there for all of the relay heats. It was a lovely evening.


Irene's relay team qualified for this level but were rated very low. Their goal was to not be last.

They weren't. Irene is fast, but not quite fast enough to run at the state level. She is fine with that and ready to move on. Graduation is coming up in a few weeks. Her mother and I were sad to have high school track come to and end, and shed a few quiet tears. We'll probably shed a few more over graduation. 

On Saturday we attended a potluck lunch with our garden club. I bowed out on the garden visit they did in the morning since it just hurts too much for prolonged walking and standing. It was good to see our gardening friends.

Today, Sunday, we are doing laundry and a few house and garden chores. We'll be packing up to head to the Whidbey Island cabin in the morning to spend some time there slowing down.

We do have a slow down spot here too, sitting on the bench on the garden deck, under the wisteria. 

Wisteria overhead, a message in stone: "Truth and Patience matter", so "Breath easy, just because."





11 comments:

  1. Your wisteria is so beautiful ! Ours was also beautiful this year. I have more peonies and I am waiting for them to bloom.
    We have been working hard on the shed and I will continue this week while it is not raining. Have both a nice time to your cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bittersweet ending of track meets and young Irene growing up. I love your wisteria, so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time does march on and there is a certain bittersweetness to that.
    The wisteria is so pretty. Spring is really bursting forth in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wisteria is amazing. I'm glad you had a bit of time to enjoy it.
    Irene may be leaving her high school days behind her but there will many more firsts and exciting moments, I'll sure you'll share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels like the spring flowers just came and went so quickly! I love your wisteria too, and really am glad you get to spend some time at the cabin winding down. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just have to get away in order to slow things down. Kids seem to grow up quickly and it's hard to see them leave and move to another level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cooler weather that's in the forecast should slow down the Wisteria and other blooms. Have a great time at Whidbey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your wisteria. Beautiful. You're a loving grandma, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe Irene is graduating! I remember her as a little girl and all the dresses you used to sew for her. Sigh... Time is flying. Your garden is as awesome as ever. I'm always marveling at the beauty you and Tom create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Wisteria arbor, and the art glass.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.