Saturday, May 6, 2023

May 6th Already?!

                                                       Apple blossoms


 When I finally picked up my lap top this morning and realized it was almost a week since I posted, and I even missed two days of reading your posts, I was surprised and a bit baffled about where the week went. 

I was finishing up watching the Coronation in London, which we had recorded. Even with fast forwarding it took a long time to watch but then we like pomp and ceremony.  

I guess we were just busy this week, but I do know that we were at Irene's last home track meet. Next week she will compete at the league meet in her three main events. This week the weather was cold in the stadium but we stuck it out to watch her run the 100m hurdles - second place:


then 300m hurdles - second place:



The 200m dash, third place, 

and the anchor leg of the 4x400m relay. where she brought her team home for a victory.

Before the meet events started there was a celebration honoring all of the seniors. Jill organized a lot of her teams honoring, and each senior athlete had a poster, a crown, a gift bag, and ran the tunnel of raised arms of the other team members. 



Jill got a little weepy after setting up the hurdles for the last time. She and her brother both competed in track in this stadium, and now her kids, Isaac and Irene, are finished. It makes me a little sad too to have it coming to an end, but I told her coaches don't cry and she went off to do her job. 
The meet still lingers in my mind and will live in my heart. 

I know we went shopping for plants on Thursday and for more garden stuff in Friday. Tom got a new hose reel, since our old one just broke.


Today between watching the Coronation, doing my physical therapy and my stationary bike and watching the running of the Kentucky Derby, I picked a new bouquet of flowers. 


Now I think after I push publish I have just enough time to work my Wordle before figuring out how to stretch some left overs for our dinner. 



 
 

12 comments:

  1. We always think back to our kids activities and enjoy the memories over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice week! Such a special day for Jill and Irene, your beautiful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Irene (and to Jill too for her coaching). Endings are always bittersweet.
    Lovely flowers from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irene does so well and deserves congratulations. That's a beautiful bouquet again. You have a knack for arranging them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers. So much fun to watch the (for me) grandkids do their things. Lots more for girls now than when I was in school, sports pretty much petered out after grade school for girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Irene. I can empathize with Jill. How sweet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flowers! Congratulations to Irene she is finishing up her Senior year so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Irene! I like your bouquet of flowers, the colors are so pretty. Your last photo of flowers is also charming with soft spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yard is definately the flower-picking best! I wish my granddaughter was involved in something like this. She is taking cheer and it is a money rip off completed in large noisy rooms on huge stages for about 3 mintues!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Irene. You had a busy week! I watched the coronation a little part just before we left. Today I am not feeling well and I have heart arythmie again, my husband gave me some tablets this morning and hope I won’t have to go to our crowded hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been following your blog long enough to feel like I know Irene, Jill, and all of your family. Congratulations to Irene, and warm wishes for whatever comes next! (Your flowers are beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bouquet is gorgeous, Linda. Irene and Jill are both beautiful and so accomplished.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.