Thursday, May 18, 2023

Warm and Pleasant

 We got through the hot days at the beginning of the week and are now enjoying the warm and pleasant days, with lovely cooling at night.

I had two appointments this week, physical therapy and dentist, and then with two sessions of PT exercises a day at home and  resumption of my stationary bike workout, my days get filled up fast.

I have been able to work in the yard a couple of days this week. I always feel better emotionally when I can do that. 

On Wednesday evening I did something I haven't done for 6 months. I went to a Sounders soccer match at the stadium.


I don't have a season ticket this year. Jill and Tom have tickets and usually go, or Irene has gone with Tom, but neither could go this time so I decided to give it a try. 

I have developed a new strain or pull in my right hip, not the surgical one, that is very painful, plus the bad knee, so walking isn't very comfortable, but I made it onto the light rail and to the stadium and to my seat, where sitting I was quite comfortable . It was a warm summerlike evening. and the only thing not so good was that we lost. :-(

I have a basketball game on TV right now as I type because my grandson Isaac is very into the NBA and his Denver Nuggets. He was a Coloradan for the first seven years of his life and still has grandparents there. Seattle doesn't have a basketball team. And, oh yes, our hockey team, the Kraken, are out of the playoffs. It was a good ride while it lasted.

I'm looking forward to Friday morning breakfast and maybe a little more time in the garden. 

Happy weekend, everyone. 

13 comments:

  1. Good news that you made it to the stadium to watch the soccer match. Not such good news about your painful hip and knee. Could you be overdoing the PT and/or stationary bike? AND working on the yard? Just wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thar you were able to get out to the Sounders game. I'm sure it felt great to be in the stands.
    I was disappointed when the Kraken lost. Our Canadian teams were out so I had turned to Seattle for Jordan Eberle. He played junior hockey here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you got to the stadium. But I am hoping that hip pain will go away quickly. Nice picture of two virtual friends of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new header for the season. progress comes with a little pain. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you to get out in that beautiful garden. Nature does have some ealing power, but take it with care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you could go to a game! Hopefully your aches and pains subside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are really something! I love the picture of you and Tom. So glad you're doing well and was able to work in the yard some. Know what you mean about feeling better emotionally. Nothing cheers me up like a little yard work. Your Mother's Day looked really special. Always glad to see your family. I just love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! New here and I really enjoy your blog... LOVE all of your gorgeous plantings!
    I'll definitely return!
    Have a sweet weekend...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice you could go. I hope your hip and knees are soon better, maybe too much gardening? Take care and I wish you both a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really bummers to get older with accompanying aches and pains. I just had PT for my right knee and now the back on my left knee is hurting me. Aggravation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. However... how great that you were able to attend a Sounders game!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for the new pain. I admire that you go when you can and where you can! Those tulips are so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.