Saturday, October 21, 2023

A Visit To the Pumpkin Patch

 Even with no little kids around any more, I still don't want to give up fun stuff. We had hoped to get to the local pumpkin patch, maybe with one of our "kids" but it wasn't working out. And then Jill had a cancellation of plans and asked if we wanted to go today.

YES!

We had a garden club outing this morning,  which was beautiful and about which I will post lots of photos later in the week, but this afternoon we "kids" visited the pumpkin patch.

It was a very busy place, but even with the crowds, it was easy to navigate and we had fun picking out pumpkins and other local produce. 




Jill is into diving now and her diving club will have an underwater pumpkin carving party next Saturday. She decided a white one would show up well under water. Ghostly. 
I picked a classic orange one, but there were lots to choose from.


Which ones to choose?

That's my big orange one and the white one and the warty one are Jills. She has another party tonight. 
We bought some vegetables too.


We passed on the carrots. When I said they seemed obscene, I got some laughs from the women around me, 
Here's our haul. Oh, there were two bags of caramel corn and kettle corn too. Can't just have vegetables. :-)

We had fun. 

11 comments:

  1. That should keep you properly fed for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful ! Well, yesterday it was hard to find a pumpkin ๐ŸŽƒ I had a small one for 10 euros! I wonder how much cost all the pumpkins on your pictures ? Nice to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger is not working properly these days! I thought the very big pumpkins were fake, but I realised they were huge ones! I have never seen such big ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like.a fun day. I haven't carved a pumpkin in several years. Underwater carving sounds slightly dangerous. ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great outing. Tom looks grumpy, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great excursion! Jill is non stop amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see! It brings good memories to when I visited my friend in St. Louis 17 years ago. I am from Norway and had never been to a Pumpkin Patch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some BIG pumpkins! And a lot of little ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun day out! Ha on the carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son and his girlfriend and her nine-year-old niece carved pumpkins upstairs last night. Sitting in our downstairs apartment, I remembered all the years sitting around the same table with pumpkins and carving equipment. Such fine memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally I can comment. I can comment on other blogs without going through Google but not yours. Computers are getting to complicated. BUT i have never seen so many lovely pumpkins. So much food we can feed the world as well as decorate it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.