Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Saturday Farmer's Market

 Saturday morning the weather was cool but sunny as we drove south to Puyallup for the Farmer's Market. 

There was lot's of good local produce and lots of food and lots of handcrafted items, and best of all, lots of flowers.

Since we have had heavy expenses lately, and have eaten more than we should and put on pounds lately, we restrained ourselves. We did buy some corn on the cob, some beets and beet greens, and some little cucumbers. 

We passed up a lot of good stuff, and instead I took pretty pictures. 


Dahlias and sunflowers were the stars. 

Loved these "wood" ducks. 













In each flower stall ladies were surrounded by tubs of flowers, creating more bouquets. 



This is a park and commons area, and children's voices as they scrambled laughing and playing added to the ambiance. So did the live music on the stage, a good country western singer. 
Leaves are turning fast now.
Fun ribbon wreaths. 



It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning and get my walking in.

9 comments:

  1. I'm always so blown away by your Farmer's Markets. The flowers are absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the colors of the flowers and the fruit are so vibrant and pretty. What a nice way to get your walking in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty flowers! Real candy for the eyes! The produce looks wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could see produce like that up here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful market. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures, I enjoyed being there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your markets are so overwhelming with produce and flowers. I would spend a fortune. But the way, I find I can comment only if I log in through the browser Duck Duck Go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All is beautiful and the vegetables and fruits look very good, I wish we had such products here. The flowers have so bright colours !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.