Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Empty Calendar Day

 It's sunny today, maybe up to 70 degrees. and there is nothing scheduled on the calendar!

I enjoyed your comments about tulip planting. I left a full explanation on my last post in answer to a question if you want to look back. 

Here is what the planted areas look like now. The cans are buried with only the tips of tags showing. Tom dug into a compost bin yesterday and sifted out some lovely dark compost to top them off. 


Bulbs are planted between the hostas. The tulips will bloom before the hostas emerge in spring. 

There is one more bed with tulips back by the back fence under the fruit trees. 

I'm hoping to get out and doing a little yard work the rest of this morning and go for a walk this afternoon, if I can. I am very good at wasting time, but I don't consider blogging a waste of time. 

Tomorrow is very full. We have to be in Bonny Lake, quite a ways south of here, for a 8:00 dental appointment, for my root canal. It was the only clinic linked to mine where I could get an appointment within two weeks. Then we have to be in Seattle at 2:00 for my long awaited neurology appointment. I would like to know why I have no balance or stability.

Yesterday we got our COVID booster after a bit of a mix up and a switch from pharmacy to clinic to ensure insurance coverage. I am fine, but Tom is experiencing general body aches and fatigue. He's outside working anyway. 

And things are still blooming. 




8 comments:

  1. My favorite days on the calendar - when it is blank and empty. Enjoy your empty day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to have a day off, especially when the following day is very busy. Good luck with your appointments. I do hope Tom is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how different our weather can be, with just a bit of distance between us. It's been raining all morning and now it's overcast and sending out a sprinkle or two, still. Good luck on that root canal, LInda. Not fun but necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be watching for what they have to say about your balance and stability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting for more daffodils to come from the Netherlands, but the tulips are in place. Is it a “ black eye Suzanne” on your picture I don’t know the name in English ( the yellow small flowers?) I remember I also had Datura in the past. I also have balance problems since my spine cord surgery, it is sometimes difficult to walk straight and I lose my balance.
    Here the weather is getting cold a nice Autumn weather, but this week will be rainy better stay inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is always beautiful around your home. Always! Love your header picture too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.