Wednesday, November 15, 2023

On the Road, and On the Ground

 Tom, my trusty chauffer, companion, and moral supporter and I have been making frequent trips to medical facilities, especially to Capitol Hill in the city.

We decided Sunday morning was the best time to have an appointment - very light traffic! This time it was for a brain MRI. We are still trying to figure out what's going on with me. In this case, do I have Normal Pressure Hydrocephalies or not. The report was inconclusive again, but since they forget to do the deeper scan my doctor wanted, I was called back in Tuesday morning. That was a quickie. I await a follow up appointment with one of my docs to evaluate the findings.

But the trip was lovely on Sunday morning. We have been enjoying the fall colors along the I-5 corridor, each time deeper than the time before until on the last trip the leaves have begun to fall. 

The Mountain was out too. 


On Monday Jake went with us for a day trip to Whidbey Island to do some repair work in the cabin garden. They had to replant some things after work was done on the septic system. The guys are all about using natives and low water plants now to save on maintenance and water usage. 


I took my laptop so I could work on another medical issue. I had just ordered new hearing aids when I got a letter informing me that insurance coverage was going up after the first of the year, which would save me thousands of dollars. I needed advice and then made notification of cancellation of the 2023 order so I could wait for 2024 to reorder. That meant needing a new hearing test and starting all over, but I was able to get that scheduled and the audiology department is hopefully going to help me set of the follow up appointments on a timely manner instead of having to wait months like I did before.

Today our friend Jan got us another free turkey, one for Christmas, since she spends money but doesn't need a turkey.

We worked outside this morning. It was harder for me, but I like being outside and I want to help as much as I can. 

It was nice being at the cabin for a day on Monday. The lagoon was full of ducks and two Great Blue Herons were perched on pilings. 




No more appointments now until Monday, and then Tuesday. We get time off for Thanksgiving. :-)


11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you will get time off for Thanksgiving. You will be too busy making a thanksgiving fest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to get that free turkey. We don't shop enough at Foodland so didn't get a coupon for a cheap turkey. Since it's our job this year to roast the turkey, we'll have to get one along with everything else since we're hosting again this year. Everybody will contribute something though so it should be quite a banquet.

    Lucky you also about the reduction on hearing aids pricing. The military hospital no longer covers most of the cost for hearing aids for Art, so he'll have to pay full price. He's taking his time on it and I'm telling him he needs an upgrade. Now.

    Sigh... I had to get a brain scan for my vertigo too. It's an adventure to age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, and I do hope they figure out what's going on with your health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No appointments is definitely something to be thankful for. All kidding aside, I do hope the MRI provides some answers and you can continue to do the things you enjoy most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite days on the calendar is when there are no appointments, meetings, or busyness. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature is our restoration,is it not. Our medical care system is not for the faint of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At some point medical care begins to feel like a full time job. So far I have been the support and transport person but I always feel as though I am getting a preview. Hope results are helpful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our social life is at the Clinic. I hope the Dr figures you out real soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so hard to get medical appointments here too. I hope they’ll find an answer to your problem. Beautiful Fall pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pictures! Pretty time of year. Hope they get your medical things figured out. Waiting and wondering is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post reminds me that you and I have aged considerably and because of it, we have so many health issues. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.