Friday, December 15, 2023

Catching Up

 

I seem to have gotten way behind in posting and reading blogs. I'm sort of catching up. We have been having some great weather, and some lovely sunrises, from what little I can see of them , what with our trees and the neighbor's big houses.


I've had two medical appointments this week. On Monday I got a steroid injection in my spine. On Wednesday I saw my hip surgeon and reported that the injection did not have the desired effect.  Dr. Chen apologized, but I told him he was the bone doctor and my hip replacements were fine. He had done all he could do and he was dismissed. I'll pursue PT and just keep moving.

Today I got back outside and walked a little over a mile. I need to do that as often as I can. 

On Thursday we drove south to Chehalis, about an hour and a quarter away, to spend time with my sister Laurie. She fixed us a delicious lunch and we had a good time catching up, sharing family news (gossip?) and being together.

This morning we had our Friday breakfast, then we took Dede to do a little shopping. Grocery shopping was next, then after lunch we had a short shopping trip before going for our walk. Now it's already getting dark and I'm behind again. I 'll go work my Wordle and then get dinner started.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

I'll catch you later. 

7 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up over missing reading and comments on blogs. Look after your own blog and look after yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame that the injection didn't work as hoped.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how life happens, isn't it. I admire that you keep moving in spite of pain, but I sure do wish you didn't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, in spite of your pain, you accomplished a lot. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about keeping moving. How disappointing the shot didn't work. Hope the exercise helps, have a happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steroid shot in your spine? Ouch! We have been so BUSY since our December 2nd belated Thanksgiving party. The last couple of weeks have been all about dealing with our termite problem. I haven't been able to get on my computer. It's a good thing I had a bunch of posts scheduled ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.