Friday, December 8, 2023

Let There Be Light!

 After days of dark skies and rain, today the sun is peaking through the clouds. We call this "partly sunny", and we'll take it!

The outdoor tree lights have been resurrected after the tree fall took them out.  

We had an early appointment this morning in the city, and then we stopped at a Starbucks for a treat: lattes and Cranberry Bliss Bars, because it's Christmas, you know. :-)

We have been baking cookies. My family has favorites and they are all of the fussy kinds, so we now have the Apricot Fold overs, the Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies, and the Cranberry Swirls in the freezer. 

I couldn't do this anymore without Tom's help. And most importantly, he does all of the cleanup.



There will be more baking tomorrow.

For now, the grocery shopping is done, and after lunch we'll both go outside, Tom to do some cleaning up, and me to make some arrangements for indoors with greens for our garden. 

Yay for sunshine, if even only for a day. 

13 comments:

  1. We will not being doing much for Christmas this year although I did finally find my decorations. You certainly do keep the holiday spirit alive though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will bake on Sunday, not sure exactly what yet. Your fold overs look great...I can almost taste them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Christmas baking. Baking is a tremendous amount of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful cookie creations! You two are quite a team! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing now much better the world feels when the sun shines. And kudos to Tom for all he does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the sunshine! I hope the worst of the atmospheric river is past you.
    The cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baking takes a lot of work. You did great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be baking this weekend also. It is a lot of work, but well worth it. I'm glad Tom is such a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spoken like a true Puget Sounder! I remember living on the West side, we all lived for the sunbreaks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for cookies! Yours look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We might not decorate this year as it's a lot of work, and we're in Arizona and all our kids are not. We do, however, have an Advent wreath and candles, and low-key Advent readings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Xmas baking but not the cleaning up after the work is done! You are lucky to have Tom’s help!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are amazing! The only baking I've done is fruitcake.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.