Saturday, December 30, 2023

Winding Down

 2023 is winding down.

My family went to Whidbey Island for the week. 

I had lunch in Ballard with my cousins Dan and Kris and her partner Charlie. 

A new child was born to our family, another grand nephew, named Milo. He was born on my mother's 102nd birthday. They live near Boston. 

We had our last Friday breakfast of the year.

I confirmed some medical appointments for 2024 and filled out my new appointment calendar for January. I will continue the quest to find out why I am losing my mobility.

Gifts have been tried on, used, and/or put away. 

The turkey went into the soup pot yesterday and the turkey noodle soup will supply several evening meals. 

We finally took down the dining table this morning.

We will take our time undecorating because there is no need to hurry and it's hard work. Jake will come by sometime next week to help take down house lights and install Tom's new weather station on the roof. 

I made banana/cherry muffins this morning using some of the left over candied cherries. They are left over because I didn't make fruit cake this year. The muffins will be a little healthier. We tested one and the rest are going into the freezer. 


 I hope to lose some weight in the new year. Don't I always. The supply of chocolate we have stashed in the pantry won't help. Everything in moderation, even moderation. 

2023 has been an adventure, with too many medical appointments, but only one surgery for me this year! Tom had one too, cataract surgery. We took no trips, did spend a little time at both Rockaway and Whidbey, and a lot of time just being here at home. 

Now as the rain drip drips off the roof, I welcome a quiet winter in the Northwest. 

Happy New Year. May happiness be a part of each of your days. We can find it if we look for it. 


10 comments:

  1. Yes, if we can find it. Happy New Year, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish for you a year ahead with much improved mobility. And those muffins look wonderful. Someone said to me, "you know what muffins spelled backwards is? "Sniffum!" I swear I can smell your lovely ones, dear friend. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family. I hope you see fewer doctors this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year ! Wishing you and yours all the best in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Next year is a dragon year for those born in 2024, as well as being a leap year. It will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy New Year to both of you!
    It will be a quiet evening here and not sure we wait until mid night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best to you for a happy and healthy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year. Here's to no surgeries in 2024! Banana and cherries in a muffin sound delish! Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.