Saturday, April 18, 2009

Heading Home

We're waiting in Gate A40 for our 9:25 PM flight back to Seattle. We had a great week in Fort Morgan, sharing in the daily routine and the anything but routine birthday pageant for now-four-year-old Irene. It was Princess all the way, and now we are caked and ice creamed out. We baked cookies for preschool, a castle cake for her real birthday at home Friday, and a Cinderella cake for her party with her other grandparents today. I'll post a few photos when I get home. I have hundreds to choose from. We planted garden in summer like weather Monday and ended the week back in winter, with 35-40 degree rain, and lots of snow in the foothills and front range. We're happy the prediction of up to 22 inches of snow in Denver didn't materialize. We're ready to go home.

5 comments:

  1. family visits are fun but it's also nice to get home and back to a normal schedule...safe journeying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip home, Linda. I'm so glad you had such a great time. Now it's our turn. I've just packed up most of our things. We're not leaving till Thursday but I wanted to make sure everything was in order. My clothes will probably all have creases on them.

    Thank you again for your kindness and offers to help. You are a one in a million blogger friend.

    As it turns out, we'll actually be staying with our friends, Patty and Paul and they say they'll take us around. Unbelievable how some things work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, welcome home! Sounds as though much fun was had and that's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels...guess you won't be stopping in Buffalo to help me with my garden..lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.