Monday, April 20, 2009

Is It Earth Day Yet?

I spent most of the day crawling around on my hands and knees, close to the earth. It was time to do the lawn edging. This is a long process, cutting a new, clean edge, and then crawling around removing grass, sod, and any weeds within reach.
It was a beautiful day, perfect for this kind of work. The crows were out early looking for bugs.
The tulips are starting to bloom, and with other early bloomers, there are spots of color here and there. The early spring greens are gorgeous.
Edging is a lot of work, but the results are very satisfying. Native Trillium and red flowering current make this a pretty corner. The ferns are just starting to send up their new fronds.
By June this bed will be bulging with flowering beauty.
The red maple will soon be lighting up this area.
After all of that work, it was time to get the patio rockers out of storage and sit a spell.
It was a beautiful day in the garden, with another one expected tomorrow.
It's hard to beat a sunny spring day in the Pacific Northwest.

9 comments:

  1. You are so right! you can't beat a sunny spring day in the northwest and it was gorgeous today! Looks as though you made the most of it, too. Your lawn and garden look beautiful! Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard looks wonderful. I love Spring time, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..You really have such a beautiful yard and I admire the edging..you can't deny the results..

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous garden and i can tell its lots of work but then you can enjoy your labors and it's spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your effort is admirable, and your garden is too! It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I just wanted to say I love your new profile photo and I love it that we both like Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AND I love your spring garden, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is going to be (once again) just beautiful. I so enjoy looking at these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, there is nothing like spring in the Pacific Northwest.

    Your yard should be featured in a gardening magazine.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.