Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Flowers

With the showers halted for a few days, Seattlites headed for the outdoors. Our son went rock climbing. We're not quite so adventurous. We started the day at a plant sale for the Rhododendron Species Foundation. The plants we bought will wait for tomorrow. Then we toured the rhododendron garden, which is just beginning its two month blooming season. We made a lunch stop at home before heading to an open garden, part of the Northwest Perennial Alliance, of which we are members. Members open their garden to other members, and the early spring season began today. Our final stop was the Bellevue Botanical Garden. Here are just a few of the lovelies we enjoyed today in the sunshine.

9 comments:

  1. The are absolutely exquisite! all of them! Wasn't the sun wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful flowers...looks very springy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I love it! I can't wait to see it for myself! I'm really looking forward to seeing the gardens in your area. Linda, thank you so much for your help and offers to assist us with our travels. I'll be thinking of you as we drive through the northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I'm hoping to go see the Cherry blossoms in D.C. today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was lovely as we are headed into bad weather and snow..groan

    ReplyDelete
  6. To a flower lover, these photos were heaven. I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just went back to read your sister's post at the wedding. Spectacular pictures. And your mom looked beautiful. As did you and your husband. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty - I really enjoyed this series of photos! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhodos are beautiful. I really liked the small blue flowers and will shape the picture to use as a desktop picture. - Dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.