Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monday in the Garden-A Family Affair

Monday morning we were up at 3:30, the taxi arrived at 4:30 and our plane departed SeaTac on schedule at 6:15AM. No snow storms this time, although there is plenty of new snow in the mountains. We arrived in Denver early and were met by Jill, Isaac and Irene. Lots of hugs all around. We made a stop at Starbucks, and another at Lowes, to pick up material for a project Tom and Corey are assigned to do. After the drive to Fort Morgan, where we arrived at noon, we had to check out all the new stuff the Easter bunny brought. We had good Easter dinner leftovers for lunch. Jill and I made a long list of all of the to-do's for each day, and a shopping list for the garden store. Then we were all off to shop for seeds. The kids and I bought a few pansies for the front yard too. Back at the house we got to work. We got the pansies planted will the others started digging the garden. I must confess, Isaac and I played soccer most of the time while the others planted. For me, that was work! With Jill's perseverance, that job was completed. But I did see a squirrel out there munching this morning. Oh dear.

4 comments:

  1. what a fun spring traditions, carrying on the family legacy of gardening. looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda..glad you arrived safe and sound..could you return say via Buffalo and help me out in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm, dark soil, a few seeds, and family nearby with hand shovels in hand. That's my idea of a perfect way to spend the Easter holiday.

    Delightful post, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you brought us along, Linda! Your grandchildren must be ecstatic to have you with them. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.