Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sunday Walks - Part III

Seahurst Park is a county park about five miles northwest of us, located on Puget Sound. This is salt water, part of the huge inland sea, or sound, connecting to the Strait of Juan de Fuca which connects to the Pacific Ocean. Access to the beach park is through a ravine. There is limited parking down below, but the sun brought out lots of folks, so a bit of a hike from the upper lot was necessary. The sun back lit a a licorice fern adorning a maple.
The stump of an ancient giant now supports a Western Hemlock.
An early bloomer, skunk cabbage doesn't smell so good, but its blooms are beautiful.
A stream runs through the ravine and out to the Sound.
Lawn daisies were erupting from the grass.
The north walk is along the seawall.
The south walk is under overhanging alders and maples.
Salmon berry in the undergrowth was just beginning to bloom. It all looks so much more welcoming under a blue sky.

6 comments:

  1. how fun you have so many gorgeous places to walk and explore in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are wonderful. I feel like I've been on that walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to buy a house near Seahurst. I thought it would be a great place to walk a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed that walk with you Linda. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just loving all your spring photos. We are so looking forward to our trip to your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.